Victorians - Help Our Sport With Your Vote

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Victorians - Help Our Sport With Your Vote

#1 Postby AlanF » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Saturday is election day. Please think carefully about how your vote may effect the future of shooting in Victoria. Victoria has an electoral system that still gives good opportunities for the minor parties. In 2014 the Shooters and Fishers Party won 2 of the 40 seats in the upper house, and along with several other minor parties, had a lot of bargaining power. We need to maintain those numbers. The Greens are completely anti-gun, and Labour and the Coalition will support us if it suits them and abandon us if it doesn't. Fishers and Shooters will ALWAYS genuinely support us. I don't care how you vote in the lower house, but in the upper house (Legislative Assembly) vote above the line for Fishers and Shooters and help ensure we can hold our own against the anti-gun brigade.

I am not and never have been a member of any political party.

tom1

Re: Victorians - Help Our Sport With Your Vote

#2 Postby tom1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:06 am

You would be better off voting below the line Alan . Put the shooters party first if you desire then order your preferences and you can ensure that those that want to close us down are put last . We get the politicians we deserve because too many vote above the line , almost 95 % . Voting below the line is the only way you decide where your preferences go.
Brad Probert,
Last edited by tom1 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:42 pm

tom1 wrote:You would be better off voting below the line Alan .

I think that democracy would be better served by voting below the line, but if you vote above the line and accept their distribution of preferences, that will maximise their chances.

tom1

#4 Postby tom1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:49 am

Therein lies the problem with voting above the line Alan. It is not easy to find out what their preference distribution is . You have to do some homework. Most Australians are too lazy to do this.
I see Labor won in a landslide. The upper house will take awhile to sort out. Are the two previous Fishers & Shooters party politicians NRAA members or hunters that want to shoot in National Parks ?

Brad Probert.
Last edited by tom1 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:03 am

tom1 wrote:...Are the two previous Fishers & Shooters party politicians NRAA members or hunters that want to shoot in National Parks ?

Brad Probert.

They might be fishers - however their party supports shooting sports generally, that is good enough for me.

Return to “General Forum”