MATTERS OF INTEREST

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Cliff Austen

MATTERS OF INTEREST

#1 Postby Cliff Austen » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Dear Colleagues
A brief email to share a few topical matters with you that are very relevant to all of us.

Firstly, the bushfires in NSW have directly affected our colleagues particularly the Manning Valley Club and I would think quite a few others. “Affected” is not really the word since MV has lost over $50k worth of infrastructure not to mention personal loss of the individual members.

Our thoughts and best wishes are with them and all others who are experiencing the worst of the bushfire season.

You’ll be able to google the detail of the next item but my hat is off to India who have taken a mature stand against Birmingham’s bloody-minded attitude to the sport of shooting.
India seeks British Government intervention on shooting exclusion.
Commonwealth powerhouse India is threatening to boycott the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham if the shooting sports are not reinstated, with Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju appealing to the British Government to intervene.

Thank you Senator McKenzie.
I don’t know about you but Bank of Queensland is off my list of favourite places to invest.
BoQ backflip on ‘discriminatory’ policy
Bank of Queensland has taken immediate steps to change a ‘discriminatory’ policy after it was heavily criticised by customers and federal Agriculture Minister, Senator Bridget McKenzie. The original policy outlined the bank could deny loans to gun shop employees, with BoQ claiming it wanted to avoid engagement with businesses which could be linked to crime.
The above was posted by Gary Bryant, CEO, NSW Firearms and Safety Training.
Personally I think one would find more crime in the banking industry rather than gun shops.
Cheers
Cliff

Cliff Austen

Re: MATTERS OF INTEREST

#2 Postby Cliff Austen » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:01 am

Top story

Exclusive: India could host Commonwealth Games shooting medal event around Birmingham 2022

India hosting a shooting competition around the time of Birmingham 2022 and allowing medals won there to count towards the overall Commonwealth Games table is among the options being considered as part of plans to involve the sport at the event.

If you didn't know all shooting events have been excluded from the Birmingham UK Commonwealth Games,
Cliff

bainp

Re: MATTERS OF INTEREST

#3 Postby bainp » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:24 am

The last time India hosted the Comm Games shooting, the outcome was a debacle. I cannot imagine any of the top countries shooters even considering returning to compete in India, unless there were significant changes to the target system.
If the Birmingham Comm Games committee allow the 2022 shooting events to be held in India, why on earth would they not allow it to be held at Bisley, the Mecca of the sport?
Philip

Return to “General Forum”