NSW F Class Website

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

John S

NSW F Class Website

#1 Postby John S » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:38 pm

The NSW F Class website has been running for 11 years.

The website was established at a time when NSWRA provided little encouragement for all thing F Class and our discipline initiated our grading system which now has gone national for F Class standard. Our NSWFClass website provided uptodate grading information, not provided by NSWRA, despite them being asked to do so!

I believe the time has come for NSWRA to provide information and ongoing support for F Class so the need to have our own website hopefully is no longer required. I hope I am right in this assumption.

If you have any thoughts on this please share with the group and fellow NSW F Class members.

Do you wish to have your own F Class website still?

My preference would be to include F Class information into the NSWRA website, having one website respresenting us all.

Cheers and best wishes.

John S

http://www.nswfclass.com.au

This post has been edited by author.
Last edited by John S on Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lonerider43

Re: NSW F Class Website

#2 Postby lonerider43 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:41 pm

John S wrote:The NSW F Class website has been running for 11 years.

The website was established at a time when NSWRA provided little encouragement for all thing F Class and our discipline initiated our grading system which now has gone national for F Class standard. The website provided uptodate grading information, not provided by NSWRA, despite them being asked to do so!

I believe the time has come for NSWRA to provide information and ongoing support for F Class so the need to have our own website hopefully is no longer required. I hope I am right in this assumption. Time will tell. I personally don't have high expectations about NSWRA, as their current level of communications with members generally leave a lot to be desired. Perhaps I am being harsh here, however that is my perception, and perception is reality!!

If you have any thoughts on this please share with the group and fellow NSW F Class members.

Do you wish to have your own website?

Cheers and best wishes.

John S

http://www.nswfclass.com.au

you mean like this one ??
Australian's Against "Gun-A-Phobia"

Accuracy

#3 Postby Accuracy » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:17 pm

I see that the NSWRA website has been updated recently, however it could do with some more of the information that is on the Fclass site, and it doesn’t have links to all NSW club’s websites.
Also the Festival of Sydney program is now available -
https://bcrcnewsandinfo.yolasite.com/re ... 202020.png

Matt P

#4 Postby Matt P » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Accuracy wrote:I see that the NSWRA website has been updated recently, however it could do with some more of the information that is on the Fclass site, and it doesn’t have links to all NSW club’s websites.
Also the Festival of Sydney program is now available -
https://bcrcnewsandinfo.yolasite.com/re ... 202020.png

All clubs have been asked for contact info, so it can be loaded onto the website. Those clubs that are missing haven’t supplied the information. Can’t see how that’s the Associations fault, shooters are quick to blame the governing body but some do very little to help themselves.
Matt P

Accuracy

#5 Postby Accuracy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:33 am

Hi Matt,
Bankstown Chatswood responded to the request when we first received the email regarding the new website. At the moment there are no links to any nsw clubs. Also some of the existing links to state associations go no where.
Not blaming anyone, it would just be good to have club links on the site.

Return to “General Forum”