Healing hands

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

locknload

Healing hands

#1 Postby locknload » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:10 pm

There is a song called healing hands, or in my case healing words of support and advise on where to turn to.
Steps have been taken for access, and help is all but a pH call away. Time is a healer, isn't there a song, one day at a time. Thanks
Yesterday is a memory. Today is now. The future is bright.

GSells

Re: Healing hands

#2 Postby GSells » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:40 pm

locknload wrote:There is a song called healing hands, or in my case healing words of support and advise on where to turn to.
Steps have been taken for access, and help is all but a pH call away. Time is a healer, isn't there a song, one day at a time. Thanks

Hi Mate , great to hear you have actively taken steps to get help ! Mental health issues shouldn’t be seen as some sort of blight on anyone’s personality! Christmas 2015 I and we as a shooting fraternity lost one of the greats of our sport and my mentor and clubmate . And possibly one of the best rifle wisperes on the Planet .

I am not scared to also say I have had my battles with mental health. Sometimes it was very dark but in the end I won ! Was 2 years of hell and 10 years of mental scaring ! I didn’t get professional help , which I should have done ! You are so brave coming out and speaking ! Then braver in getting help !

I only just wrote bit of a piece on my personal FB page about R U Ok ? And that we all need to support our , Love and most of all be understanding of our Mates !

It’s not a matter of “ SNAP OUT OF IT!” It’s like and for me was business stress that set it of ! But your mind gets rewired and a bit like Humty Dumpty can’t be put back together again !
In the end I got through with such a loving wife , family and my Faith ! Yes I beat it and won !
So sad when we find one of our Mates who fall and afterwards we all see the signs and don’t take action ! So RU Ok May save a life that we love !!
I wish you all the best in your healing. Just remember you will have your good and bad days ! But the Sun always comes out tomorrow and it’s a new day again.
Regards Graham Sells Dalby Tara RC
729929F1-0676-4C7A-B67C-D659D3D18777.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wingnut

Re: Healing hands

#3 Postby Wingnut » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:11 pm

Having battled my own daemons and lost a few good mates over the years I think it’s good to seek out assistance and to face the issues you’re experiencing. The road back is a hard and difficult one, but the journey brings with it insights that you will not get any other way. Lots of people won’t be able to understand the nature of what you’re going through, but in my experience everyone is more than willing to offer their support to help you along the way. Reaching out for help is a sign of strength and maturity, it’s something we need to encourage in our ranks and the wider community. Well done mate, I hope you’re on the road to recovery. Never be afraid to reach out if you need to.

Return to “General Forum”