Passing of Willy Schaffner

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Malcolm Hill

Passing of Willy Schaffner

#1 Postby Malcolm Hill » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:03 pm

It is with great sadness that I have to announce to the shooting community that Willy Schaffner passed away yesterday. Willy was a very well known and respected shooter that initially competed in Target Rifle, had a dabble in "F"class but had a great passion for Match Rifle. He was a force to be reckoned with in Match Rifle both in individual events as well as team competitions. He achieved great heights in Match Rifle and represented Australia in teams events. He is the only shooter to have ever shot a triple possible at 1000, 1100 and 1200 yards in Australia, a record that he could hold for a while. He had friends all over the country due to his shooting travels and I would be willing to bet that most people he was involved with would have a story to tell about the likable character he was on and off the range. He will be sadly missed by all. Condolences to his wife Anne. R.I.P. Willy. Regards Malcolm.

KHGS

Re: Passing of Willy Schaffner

#2 Postby KHGS » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:22 pm

Very sad to hear. Willy was an old customer of mine, always a delight to deal with, R.I.P. Willy we are diminished by his passing.
Keith H.

RAVEN

Re: Passing of Willy Schaffner

#3 Postby RAVEN » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:30 pm

Very sad news Malcolm
Willy was one of those unique characters of our sport
well, known for his accent and hat.
Full Bore Rifle will never be the same without him
With Great Sadness

RB :( :(

Return to “General Forum”