TRIGGER UPDATE Sixteen South Bix n Andy Barnard Trigger

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Azzopardi

TRIGGER UPDATE Sixteen South Bix n Andy Barnard Trigger

#1 Postby Azzopardi » Tue May 03, 2022 1:49 pm

Hi guys.

For info to you all, I just got this email regarding an update to Sixteen South Triggers which might interest some.
Looks like we have a true drop in fit available now!!! :D

Here is a copy of the email, below:
--------------------------------------------
Hello all.
Thank you all for your patience!
This is a mail out to all those who have expressed interest in the Sixteen South trigger. For those of you to whom I have communicated with directly you will know that some of the delay has been due to finding reasonable costings for manufactured parts in Australia, particularly with water jet machines. In short, any fabrication work over the last few years has gone through the roof both in terms of cost and in terms of availability.
Having said that, I have therefore been working on a different solution.
Any replacement trigger needs to be a great trigger, but aside from that, probably the next most important thing is that it is a “true” drop in fit for an existing Barnard. Many after-market triggers can be adapted to simply bolt on to the Barnard, but then the trigger shoe is way out of position, usually far to the rear of where it should be. Often the action will not fit back into the stock or if it will, the trigger shoe is so far rearwards it nudges the grip and is completely out of whack.
This may not be a problem with a new build as the rifle can be made with the action inletting (and therefore the after-market trigger) forwards far enough to accommodate, but this raises two significant concerns:
1. Most of us have existing Barnards configured with the Barnard trigger and thus need a true drop in fit, and also,
2. A question of redundancy. Even if you are building a new rifle and could move the whole action forwards to accommodate, if you are away at a Prize Meeting or are overseas at a world championship and have trigger issues, it is highly unlikely that there will be someone else there who has the EXACT aftermarket trigger with the geometry you have to swap out and keep competing. However, there will be any number of people who have Barnard triggers on their actions which you will be able to use instead. In other words, having an aftermarket trigger which allows you to keep the geometry the same as using a Barnard trigger rather than some obscure geometry to accommodate a “mix and match solution” will allow you to fall back on using a normal Barnard trigger if you have to…
With that in mind I have been busy creating a solution to all of the above...
Bix and Andy are renowned for their performance and are available with a Barnard sear. HOWEVER, in this configuration their trigger shoe is still way rearwards, nudging the pistol grip and is greatly out of position. It is therefore far from a simple drop in fit. I have a solution which uses modified componentry, whereby the trigger shoe geometry remains precisely the same as the existing Barnard trigger it is replacing and is therefore a TRUE drop in fit. So please note, this is NOT just the Barnard BnA trigger currently available, but rather, that trigger having been further modified specifically to achieve the above goals.
In this way you get all the benefits of having a top-level trigger which simply drops straight into your existing action, with the trigger shoe in the same position as the Barnard trigger. No need to butcher your existing stock to make things work. Furthermore, for new rifle builds, keeping the same geometry will allow you have a fallback position when you’re away at a major competition. Should anything unforeseen occur, it allows you to swap directly back to a Barnard trigger (either your own or a borrowed one) and keep competing.
At this stage I am after an expression of interest from you on how many you may be interested in. After numbers and volumes are known, I will get back to you with pricing for the “BnA - Barnard Drop In Trigger”
Thanks again for all your patience,
Kind regards,
Marty.
Regards,
Azzo

Azzopardi

Re: TRIGGER UPDATE Sixteen South Bix n Andy Barnard Trigger

#2 Postby Azzopardi » Tue May 03, 2022 1:52 pm

Further to Marty's email, I run Bix n Andy triggers and they would have to be the best trigger I've had ever. There worth points in a major shoot. I'd go as far as to say, there worth 3 to 10 Queens points over a Barnard trigger. Now Marty has designed a drop-in trigger shoe that is easy to replace - the Bix n Andy is now perfect. I'm happy to spend the extra $ to get a crack at a top 10, 5 or 1st finish any day of the week. The professor has done it again.
Regards,
Azzo

whynot

#3 Postby whynot » Tue May 03, 2022 3:31 pm

How do we sign up?

v63800

#4 Postby v63800 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:37 pm

put me down for 2

thanks phil

Marty

#5 Postby Marty » Wed May 04, 2022 8:21 am

Hello all.

Just noticed this thread was put up.
I'll check back in about 10 days to allow people time to respond then PM you all.

Cheers,
Marty.

Redhawk

#6 Postby Redhawk » Wed May 04, 2022 9:03 pm

I’ll be up for 2

Dave_P

#7 Postby Dave_P » Wed May 04, 2022 10:04 pm

Up for 1 please

Lowanna

#8 Postby Lowanna » Thu May 05, 2022 8:31 pm

One please, if weight is adjustable.

neil y

#9 Postby neil y » Sat May 07, 2022 4:39 pm

Interested in 1,thanks.

TTBS28

#10 Postby TTBS28 » Sat May 07, 2022 6:09 pm

Marty,
I'm interested in one but would need a delivered price to SA first.

Thanks......Jeff.

Batman

#11 Postby Batman » Sun May 29, 2022 9:56 pm

I'll have one please Marty :)

Marty

#12 Postby Marty » Tue May 31, 2022 2:21 pm

Hi all.

Just to update on the above, I have just sent out the order form to all those many who have contacted me directly or replied to me with their email addresses following the sending of PM's above. If you have not received an email with an order form, please let me know via email
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
and I will forward one along. Orders will close 14th June 2022.

Thanks for your interest, the numbers have been very robust!

Kind regards,
Marty.

potsi71

#13 Postby potsi71 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:32 pm

Hey Marty
How do I contact you for one of these triggers.

Potsi

Marty

#14 Postby Marty » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:17 am

Clicking on the members only link in the above post will display the contact email.

simon

#15 Postby simon » Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:15 pm

Marty Thanks for my trigger, fitted as described and crisp. It works well in the Barnard.

Return to “General Forum”