Importing from USA

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Aubrey

Importing from USA

#1 Postby Aubrey » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:57 pm

Hi all, I'm looking for some feedback regarding exports out of the USA for items like projectiles, cases etc. Components that require an export licence there and B709 here.
Does anyone have a suggested shipper out of the USA that handles the export permit and freight?
Thanks!
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

Weairy

Re: Importing from USA

#2 Postby Weairy » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:40 pm

I fairly chased this around to try and get some brass, every retailer in the USA refused to ship outside of the country for anything even remotely shooting related. Once it gets here, our end is easy, but trying to get it out of the States was a no-go.

Best of luck, keep us posted if you manage it.
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.
I'm not Craig, if you want to contact him, email on c.weaire@bigpond.com

BradH

#3 Postby BradH » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:33 pm

Reach out to Mike Gregg at Reloading International. He has been very helpful in the past.

tachyon

#4 Postby tachyon » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:51 pm

Daryl from Meplat Firearm Services makes consolidated imports.

https://www.meplat.com.au

The basic process is you buy it and ship it to his FFL who consolidates it and ships a number of items.

Daryl deals with this end, sends a bill and then the goodies either direct to you or via your dealer (depending on the part’s local status ie grips and stocks have US export restrictions but are not regulated in Aus.

saum2

#5 Postby saum2 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:19 am

Plus 1 for Reloading International. I've dealt with them a number of times for Projectiles and Brass. Just get your B709A for this end and RI need a copy first, then leave the rest to them. EASY

michaeljp65

#6 Postby michaeljp65 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:24 am

If your in NSW, you will need to ask FAR to send you a copy of the B709. The way they do it now is they send it to customs electronically. You dont get a copy unless you ask for one. Reloading Int will send without a copy of the B709.

Return to “General Forum”