ozflass.com needs a new home

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

ozflass.com needs a new home

#1 Postby AlanF » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:24 pm

Hello all,

After about 18 years running ozfclass.com I've decided to spend more time with family and doing various other things, and am looking for someone who is prepared to take over the website.

This should suit someone who has some IT skills, and is keen to contribute to the sport, but prefers to do it from home rather than serving on committees etc.

If anyone is interested please PM me to discuss.

Alan Fraser
ozfclass.com

cheech

Re: ozflass.com needs a new home

#2 Postby cheech » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:16 pm

Alan ,

Thanks for your passionate efforts in keeping this site going hopefully you can be relieved of the duties I’m sure someone is capable of doing this from here .
:D

Downes Equestrian

#3 Postby Downes Equestrian » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:40 pm

sorry to hear your departing Alan. I only found ozfclass a few months ago and the information you and the forum has provided to a new competitor has been invaluable.
Cheers and well done

superx10

#4 Postby superx10 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:45 am

Thanks so much Alan for your time and commitment in running the forum it has been continual source of information,I really hope that some one picks up the banner.
Scott

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:34 pm

Thanks for the kind words fellas. A good thing about running this website is that people do let you know when they appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately that's not always the case if you're a Board member or STA Councillor, which can be quite thankless tasks. I'm in no great rush to get out of it, and am prepared to wait for someone who genuinely wants to do it for the benefit of the sport. So don't worry on that score - it'll be in good hands.

Rich4

#6 Postby Rich4 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Thanks Alan, I've really enjoyed the sites, it's really a credit to you

ajvanwyk

#7 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:09 pm

Was it not for this website and the people within this community, I would never have been able to learn as much as I have, or as fast as I have. Alan, I can say with absolute honesty that your website and you personally have contributed greatly to my shooting journey, and for that, I will always be grateful for.

I wish you the best for what the next phase of your life holds, and know that you will be as passionate and present as you have been in our sport.

Thank you !
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

RDavies

#8 Postby RDavies » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:44 am

AlanF wrote:Hello all,

After about 18 years running ozfclass.com I've decided to spend more time with family and doing various other things, and am looking for someone who is prepared to take over the website.

This should suit someone who has some IT skills, and is keen to contribute to the sport, but prefers to do it from home rather than serving on committees etc.

If anyone is interested please PM me to discuss.

Alan Fraser
ozfclass.com

Sorry to see you go Alan. Are you still doing any form of F class or other target shooting?

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:01 am

RDavies wrote:Sorry to see you go Alan. Are you still doing any form of F class or other target shooting?

Thanks Rod. To be honest probably not but never say never. I reckon I was very lucky to be competing in F-Open at a good time in its short history, before ETs took over, and before the Covid interruptions. It didn't break the bank or the marriage to be competitive then. I have great memories of the Queens events that you and I attended. And my most valued performances were the few that I managed to catch you on an off day :D !

AlanF

#10 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:59 pm

I'm pleased to announce that Graham Willis (Bathurst RC) is now the owner of ozfclass.com. Graham has been doing the database administration for many years and more recently has been providing the web hosting service and maintaining the website structure. As from now he is the administrator and moderator of the forums, and I expect he'll continue to post under his GrahamW login. I can assure you that he is doing it because of a genuine desire to make a contribution to the sport. So that along with his considerable technical skills means that ozfclass will continue for a few more years yet! :D

Rich4

#11 Postby Rich4 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:25 pm

Great to hear for yourself Alan, happy retirement from admin, and thanks to Graham for taking on the extra load.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

RDavies

#12 Postby RDavies » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:13 am

Sorry to see you going Alan but great to see Ozfclass will be living on.

Steve N

#13 Postby Steve N » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:28 am

Alan thank you for this fantastic forum and I hope you enjoy whatever you now intended doing. I will miss our chats and really appreciate the way you have always shared your knowledge. Goodluck mate.

Chopper

#14 Postby Chopper » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:27 am

Yes Never say Never Alan
I have snuck back in after 10 years to see many new faces
And targets
Hope to see you maybe around the traps one day
Oz fclass made it Soo much easier to launch F state teams at the time
The Good old days
Regards Paul Read

Razer

#15 Postby Razer » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:15 pm

Firstly, many thanks to you Alan for an excellent web site that has served the needs of countless shooters since it’s inception, whether it be the seeking of information, knowledge or just buying and selling. You input as moderator has always been top score and I wish you well in your retirement, it is always a tough decision to walk away from a sport that keeps you engaged so much.
Huge thank you to Graham Willis who I know will continue the good work. He is a top bloke as I have shot alongside and against him on several occasions before my enforced retirement.
It is fantastic to see this valuable site continue.
All the best in your *brief sabbatical* ? from the true sport of kings.
Regards. Ray Fuller

Return to “General Forum”