Dickheads with guns are our worst enemy

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

PeteFox

Dickheads with guns are our worst enemy

#1 Postby PeteFox » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:28 pm

What a wanker, one guy giving the police every excuse to make everything harder

http://www.watoday.com.au/national/west ... 5ckdr.html

Actually apart from the 50BMG the rest of the firearms look pretty lame

Pete

shadow

Re: Dickheads with guns are our worst enemy

#2 Postby shadow » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:00 pm

It wouldn't make any difference, wa want all guns gone and then the other stares will follow,

jasmay

#3 Postby jasmay » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:33 pm

This guy might be a dickhead, but the excuses to use this as a reason to bolster bans is nothing more than an over reach & another weak excuse to attack law abiding firearms owners, which this chap is certainly not.

macguru

#4 Postby macguru » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:02 pm

So was it just the BMG that got him into trouble ? or the indoor range ? the rest of the guns look OK, altho he could have had a 338 i suppose thats banned there too. Such a shame, and so much open space in WA ...
id quod est

Rich4

#5 Postby Rich4 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:59 pm

He pleaded guilty to something, I’d assume it’s something rubbish probably keeping brass unsecured, I still don’t understand how he came to be looked at, tip off for what?
Possibly retaining the ability to reload?

dazza284

#6 Postby dazza284 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:12 pm

Rich4 wrote:He pleaded guilty to something, I’d assume it’s something rubbish probably keeping brass unsecured, I still don’t understand how he came to be looked at, tip off for what?

Hey pleaded guilty to manufacturing a basement without council approval these wankers just called a bunker there's a big difference between the two he was fined $3,000 for now .
Funny how this happens then 5 minutes later we've got a huge list of banned firearms and a 19 Calibre list banning sheet bit of a coincidence

macguru

#7 Postby macguru » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:18 pm

dazza284 wrote:
Rich4 wrote:He pleaded guilty to something, I’d assume it’s something rubbish probably keeping brass unsecured, I still don’t understand how he came to be looked at, tip off for what?

Hey pleaded guilty to manufacturing a basement without council approval these wankers just called a bunker there's a big difference between the two he was fined $3,000 for now .
Funny how this happens then 5 minutes later we've got a huge list of banned firearms and a 19 Calibre list banning sheet bit of a coincidence

It was called "agenda setting" when my wife did communications and its the police PR feeding it to the News media to prime them for any legal changes.... but I am sure you knew that, cheers.
id quod est

tachyon

#8 Postby tachyon » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:52 pm

PeteFox wrote:What a wanker, one guy giving the police every excuse to make everything harder

Pete

Are you sure?

Licensed firearms owner found in possession of licensed firearms would be a better headline...

Aus9914

#9 Postby Aus9914 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:01 pm

No mention of suppressors or body armour in that article unlike the "articles" this side of the island.

So were they spliced in here or cut out there?

dazza284

#10 Postby dazza284 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:39 pm

I have no idea if it's true or not but apparently that basement was approved by w a poll months ago looks like we got a patsy

Longranger

#11 Postby Longranger » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:06 am

The actual suppressor was probably a muzzle brake.

BATattack

#12 Postby BATattack » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:48 am

So where do you draw the line between securing your firearms correctly. Eg locked, in a suitable cabinet or strong room, concealed to reduce unnecessary attention and "secret bunker"?

If they are registered firearms that WA Pol have approved permits to acquire for and he is securing them in a locked and safe area then he has complied. No matter how much they want to beat it up into a story.

dazza284

#13 Postby dazza284 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:33 am

PeteFox wrote:What a wanker, one guy giving the police every excuse to make everything harder

Pete

And actually the greatest threat to us is inept politicians who can't think for themselves and to a greater extent the media .
having Read the link in all honesty I don't see anything that couldn't be covered with a fine and he actually keeping his licence .
The one thing that I detest about our gun laws is no matter what you are pinged with it starts with a 5-year loss of licence so what if they find a 22 round on The floor of your vehicle it should simply be a fine imagine the Uproar if you legally parked 10 ks over the speed limit or something supposedly trivial like that you lost your driver's licence and your car for 5years .

BRETT B

#14 Postby BRETT B » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:55 pm

BATattack wrote:So where do you draw the line between securing your firearms correctly. Eg locked, in a suitable cabinet or strong room, concealed to reduce unnecessary attention and "secret bunker"?

If they are registered firearms that WA Pol have approved permits to acquire for and he is securing them in a locked and safe area then he has complied. No matter how much they want to beat it up into a story.

Correct Adam!! This actually happened 9 months ago and ALL his firearms were licensed, they just waited until the time was right to force their agenda and release to the public. They have also admitted that the only offence he committed were council building violations!!

False Flag at its Best!!
BRETT BUNYAN F CLASS OPEN SHOOTER W.A.

PeteFox

#15 Postby PeteFox » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:46 pm

Well Gents
The story I read by Channel 9 says:
1 count of unlicensed firearm
Improper storage of firearm

To which he reportedly plead guilty

https://www.9news.com.au/national/secre ... b342cbc43e

Pete
Last edited by PeteFox on Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Forum”