F Class - Just for Fun ?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Tony Q

F Class - Just for Fun ?

#1 Postby Tony Q » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:31 pm

An F class shooter told me this morning that in his club F Class is there for fun compared to the Fullbore guys who are there for the dedication to TR. As such it was indicated they don’t get taken seriously by the TR shooters.

As an F Class shooter I was overwhelmed 2 years ago, when i came across F Class, at the History, Dedication and ongoing training the Fullbore shooters have. The friendly family orientated atmosphere was like nothing I had ever experienced in any other club over the last 22 years.

I find that while most of our new F Classers want a little more training before they start competing in OPM’s and Queens shoots they are still as dedicated and competition orientated. Their training and encouragement is always of most importance, even our Fullbore shooters are always on hand with advice or encouragement.

I am lucky to consider all my fellow club members as friends who's advice I can trust regardles of F Class or TR orientation.

Ummm …. Apart from that shifty one, and he knows who he is, don’t you Simon :lol:

B.Scheske

#2 Postby B.Scheske » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:00 pm

I'm very disapointed to hear thats how some TR shooters see us.
I haven't shot for a while but thats only because of funds not because it's just for fun, i enjoy the competitive nature of the f-class shooters at MBRC who are just as competitie asTR
"Make The First Shot Count!"

Brett

Cameron Mc

#3 Postby Cameron Mc » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:09 pm

Tony, I shot Fullbore for 20 years before going to F Class because of an elbow injury. My elbow has healed now and I will continue to shoot F Class. I get a lot of enjoyment from this both at club shoots and Prize Shoots. I find the dedication and skill to do well in F Class is no less than in Fullbore competition.
Most of the blokes and gals on the range are good sports. I don,t worry about the others, every sport has them.
The best way to get better at this game is to go to OPM,s etc. It is also a lot of fun as well.

Just my thoughts, Cameron

Tony Q

#4 Postby Tony Q » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:26 pm

Your not wrong Cameron … when you get a bunch of humans together you will get political infighting, snobs, idiots and drama queens.

I am happy to say that the latter 3 have been so few and far between I don’t even think about them, while the first item is something we all deal with in our own ways.

Overall im amazed at the level of hospitality, comradery and general helpfulness.
There is no closed shop or protective mentality in Fullbore or F class as there can be in say … Benchrest.

As such … im proud to be a part of it. :)

Return to “General Forum”