Female F Class Shooters ... where are you?

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

Mel Q

Female F Class Shooters ... where are you?

#1 Postby Mel Q » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:23 pm

Its plain to see that this site is male dominated :) so where are all the female shooters?

I know Lynn from Kapunda but who else is out there?
Last edited by Mel Q on Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:58 pm

Mel,

Sorry, another male responder! The site has only been up for 11 days and the only publicising has been a mention on a couple of US shooting forums. With an ad for the website in ATR No 57 (due out very soon), the numbers visiting the Forums should increase substantially, and I hope that will include some ladies. Shooting needs both sexes, and young and old to keep a balanced perspective I think.

Alan :)

Mel Q

#3 Postby Mel Q » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:00 pm

Hey Alan,

I definately agree with you. Ive only met one other F class female shooter, so hopefully when the ATR issue does come out i will get the opportunity to meet some more. Thanks for your reply (even though you are male :D )

Cameron Mc

#4 Postby Cameron Mc » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:02 pm

Another male here Mel
But here is the good news, my wife is shooting tomorrow at our local range. Her first shoot was last weekend and she managed 104.13 at 300yds. 55.7 the second go without being coached. The conditions were fairly good, but I was surprised how she went, especially with a 2oz trigger.
I have got an excuse for another rifle now.
I will try and persuade her to join in with the forum.

All the best, Cameron

S.Scheske

#5 Postby S.Scheske » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:26 pm

Yeah thats the way mate...get ya wife into shooting so you get a new rifle...i like the way you think mate... :lol:

I think Tony Q has been trying to do the same thing..lol

*Runs out of the forum befor he gets eaten alive*
Sam Scheske
CTRC
2004 ADFC Rifle Team

#6 Postby Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:40 pm

Good on ya Mel see ya filling in while the TQ is away lol :)

RAVEN

#7 Postby RAVEN » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:Good on ya Mel see ya filling in while the TQ is away lol :)

Whoops forgot to login

Mon

females in shooting

#8 Postby Mon » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:10 pm

Hi Mel from another female shooter. I shoot f-class at BMRC

#9 Postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:05 pm

Hi Cameron, that is some impressive shooting, especially from a first timer! An excuse for another rifle is definately an added bonus, i think that was one of the things my dad was so happy about when i started shooting :D

Hey Richard, yeah i tried but somehow i dont think i will ever be able to fill in for dad, considering i have a grand total of about 5 msgs and he has probably close to 200, theres just not enough hours in a day to write as many msgs as he seems too :D

Hi Mon and welcome! Thank you for being the first actual female to reply, although i am unsure what gender Raven is (hehe sorry richard dad made me write it :D ). Is BMRC Baccus March in Victoria?

Mel Q

#10 Postby Mel Q » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:06 pm

Opps, forgot to log in. And sorry i meant Baccus Marsh not March.

RAVEN

#11 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:33 pm

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mel

Tony Q

#12 Postby Tony Q » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:40 pm

Sorry Richard ... All i said to Mel was ... A 'Raven' is a 'Bird' and that you may have thought this was a thread for all types of BIRDS :!:

LOL
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Cameron Mc

#13 Postby Cameron Mc » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:35 pm

"[quote="Anonymous"]Hi Cameron, that is some impressive shooting, especially from a first timer! An excuse for another rifle is definately an added bonus, i think that was one of the things my dad was so happy about when i started shooting "

Julie says thanks, Mel. I still can,t get the smile off her face, especially after last Saturday.
I was going to shoot on a Championship target but things did not work out that way. We shot 300yds on fullbore targets. 1st range I got a 50.8, to which Julie replied with a 50.8 with only minimal help. 2nd range I put my head down and managed 55.11 Guess what Julie managed...55.11
105.19 for her third shoot..... she got a big cheer. The conditions were not bad but she still had to do her part.
Championship targets from now on....... we have a new F Class shooter.

Cameron & Julie

Lynn Otto

#14 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:43 am

Well done all round Cameron,

And keep it up guys, I'd like to see more wives on the range, remember the bonus is she won't be able to nag you about the money you're spending if some of it is on her. It would be great to organise a F Class husband and wife team shoot in the future, and include father and daughter teams in lieu of, naturally, all females definitely welcome.

The other bonus is that it gives you a common interest that you can do together, "families that play together, stay together", and all that stuff.

I'd also like to say Hi and welcome to Mon, hope to meet you some time.
It would be great to meet Julie as well, alas this could take a while in such a large country.

Lynn Otto
Kapunda RC

MEW

Females in Shooting

#15 Postby MEW » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:17 am

Thanks to everyone for their welcome to the forum.

I do shoot for Bacchus Marsh in Victoria and the only other female shooter at our Club is my sister who shoots full bore.

The f-class shooters of our club make up only a small contingent of four shooter but we have fun competing for possibles against the full bore shooters.(60's).

We have also been toying with the idea of trying to shoot on open f-class targets.

If any of you have shot at BMRC you will now how hard it is to shoot a possible due to all our extreme weather conditions. :roll:

Return to “General Forum”