F Class open

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

Tim78

F Class open

#1 Postby Tim78 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:28 am

I am going to get a F class rifle built, my question is: I am naturally right handed but shoot left hand, would it be better for me to get a left handed bolt or could I get away with a right handed bolt with a ambidextrous stock?

willow

Re: F Class open

#2 Postby willow » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:09 pm

You could do a right bolt left port if that makes you more comfortable...I'm a fan of ambidextrous stocks being left handed myself. There are some right/left hand stocks such as the new CentreTrac stocks which feel pretty bloody nice though.

Azzopardi

Re: F Class open

#3 Postby Azzopardi » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:41 pm

Gday Tim,
I’m naturally right handed but I shoot left handed because I’m left eye dominant. I have both right bolt/port and left bolt/port actions. I find the left bolt left port works best for me because,

1. I use a spotting scope on my right side. It gets to cramped with a right bolt.
2. It feels more comfortable for me to have the bolt on the left.
3. I find having the bolt on the left is better when you are a left hand shooter in team shooting. You can close the bolt when directed to while holding the joy stick to keep the cross hairs on the X.
Regards,
Azzo

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”