Loxton Rifle Club Rimfire Steel Gong Challenge

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Barossa_222

Loxton Rifle Club Rimfire Steel Gong Challenge

#1 Postby Barossa_222 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:17 am

Posted on behalf of the Loxton Rifle Club.

Loxton RC is hosting a long range rimfire steel gong challenge on the 13th and 14th of August.

Ranges are 100, 200 and 300 yards. All ranges are timed 20 shot matches. Shot off hunting style bipods and rear bags.

No walk up starts. Prepaid $80, this includes catering. Entries close 10th August.

Please see attached flier for information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peterla

Re: Loxton Rifle Club Rimfire Steel Gong Challenge

#2 Postby Peterla » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:10 am

I have my CZ setup with a set of Burris rings holding my NF comp scope. The scope nearly reaches the end of the stock.
Should be great fun shooting a 22LR at 300 Yards

fullbore11

#3 Postby fullbore11 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:08 pm

The Loxton Rifle Club held its Inaugural Long Range Rimfire Steel Challenge this past weekend.

Shooters had some cold/rainy conditions to overcome with some switching winds at times that kept shooters on their toes.

The event ran very well with alot of positive feedback. Shooters were surprised that it is indeed possible to hit targets at 300yds with a .22LR. This certainly wont be the last time such an event is held, keep your eyes peeled for the next event. The Loxton Rifle Club would like to thank all its sponsors and members for without their generosity and support such an event cannot be held.

Heres a link for the results on the NRAA page:
https://www.results.nraa.com.au/loxton- ... e-results/

Cheers

Daveh

#4 Postby Daveh » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:01 pm

Congrats to all the shooters. Would have been a lot of fun.
From the scores some had it worked out and others struggled.. Can I assume you either get a hit (5) or a miss (0).

Also what was the size of the target (5 ring) at each distance.

Dave

fullbore11

#5 Postby fullbore11 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:59 pm

The shooters that were scoring multiple zeros at each range had nominated but didnt shoot the event, we noticed after putting up results they were still in the system but had no scores entered. Yes we scored a hit as 5 points and a miss as 0.

The target sizes were between 2.5 and 3.5 MOA at 100 and 200 yds and 5 MOA at 300 yds. You really needed to have ammo that would shoot a tight waterline so then all you had to contend with was wind (which was changing from 12 o clock to 10 o clock), and as you know 22 LR ammo can be temperamental at the best of times.

RDavies

#6 Postby RDavies » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:29 pm

Sound like a good fun shoot. I wish there were more like this. I might have to get to one at some stage.

Return to “Events”