AUSTRALIAN FCWC TEAM SELECTION

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: AUSTRALIAN FCWC TEAM SELECTION

#31 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Tim, whatever. And yes, best to stay positive, and look forward.

bruce moulds

#32 Postby bruce moulds » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 am

of all the nraa disciplines, fclass open has clearly been the most successful internationally.
yet we see palma teams and so forth continuing with methods that are clearly not working for them.
it is beyond belief that they do not actively seek out the methods used by the open team.
obviously part of the open teams' successes has been the team spirit, as well as the methods.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

saum2

#33 Postby saum2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:16 am

bruce moulds wrote:of all the nraa disciplines, fclass open has clearly been the most successful internationally.
yet we see palma teams and so forth continuing with methods that are clearly not working for them.
it is beyond belief that they do not actively seek out the methods used by the open team.
obviously part of the open teams' successes has been the team spirit, as well as the methods.
bruce.

Bruce I did think it was in TR, if you had the spare money to travel and nominated, you got in the TR Team regardless.

I know we are passionate about our sport but, our competitors must be excited to see us bickering about Teams etc, they will be hoping this turmoil will bring us down. Time to move on and quietly go about building 2 winning teams.

John T

#34 Postby John T » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:11 pm

When I opened this topic, I was not aware of the topic "FCWC Captains" or of the opening post by Dave McNamara. Dave wrote, "...I would just like to say a huge congratulations to Both Dennis Shallis and Rod Mahon for their appointment..."

No mention of Craig McGowan, of whom Dave wrote 15 months ago;
"From the start Craig has been the backbone of this team..." (See page 2 of "Events", "F Class World Championships 2017" page 15.)

Seems to me that Dave knew that Craig would not be appointed.

I apologise to the old Board for saying that they had made an "unbelievable blunder". I now think that they merely followed the suggestion of some very senior F Open person(s). If this speculation is correct, I applaud the Board for its co-operation and support of F Open.

This discussion would never have begun if Craig had been given the tap on the shoulder.

Welcome aboard Dennis.

Regards,
John Tracey.
11-12-18.

Tim L

#35 Postby Tim L » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Rebel105 wrote:
bruce moulds wrote:of all the nraa disciplines, fclass open has clearly been the most successful internationally.
bruce.

Bruce I did think it was in TR, if you had the spare money to travel and nominated, you got in the TR Team regardless.

I know we are passionate about our sport but, our competitors must be excited to see us bickering about Teams etc, they will be hoping this turmoil will bring us down. Time to move on and quietly go about building 2 winning teams.

Lively debate is the heart of problem resolution.
You should read through the discussion that accompanied the 2017 appointments !!!!
People should be free to express their opinions and I applaud Alan for providing that oppertunity. This is a great site with a great community of members. We might not all agree but when the discussion is over it generally ends up amicable and ready for the next topic.

williada

#36 Postby williada » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Team building has four important elements. 1. Trust 2. Respect. 3. Loyalty and 4. Tact . A breach of confidence may not reveal the facts and unintended consequences based on hearsay may leave the messenger with a lack of credibility. But agree with Tim, the discussion has its positives for future team development and that is where it has taken us. Participation certainly diminishes apathy and that is a strength if integrity is maintained.

DaveMc

#37 Postby DaveMc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:59 pm

I think I will make a few short statements

1) Craig Mcgowan is a fantastic ambassador for our sport. I will repeat what I said to the board when we appointed him as Vice Captain (and then a thoroughly deserved Captains cap) - I saw (and still do see) him as the future of our sport. Through the last team development he truly was the backbone of our magnificent team. His appointment on the board will be invaluable to FClass Australia. Would he have made a fantastic Captain again? - you bet. He also carried with him a thorough knowledge of 8 years hard work by many people into building the system and teamwork required to win 2 world championships. Am I surprised that he didn't get selected? - yes as much as anyone else that was involved in those teams.

BUT

2) Dennis Shallis - Has a fantastic reputation and history. He has an amazing resume - One that would have ticked all the selection criteria of the board (and yes they do have them). Is he fit for the job? - You bet. Can he lead this team to victory? - ABSOLUTELY!!!! He has lead teams to victory at state and international level. His team mates all believe in him - He can definitely do it and just needs everyone to support him.

It would have been a tough decision between these two guys.

My earlier congratulations to both Captains is simple - it is a mark of respect for their appointments.

However we got here, you can rest assured we have two very good men at the helm. What do they need from us to win - simple - SUPPORT.
The Captains have been chosen! -
it is now time to get behind them 100%

Return to “Events”