Junior F Class State Teams

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Blind-dog

Junior F Class State Teams

#1 Postby Blind-dog » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Does anyone have any results, nothing on SARA or NRAA I can find, these kids are the future of the sport and need every accolade and encouragement ??

RAVEN

Re: Junior F Class State Teams

#2 Postby RAVEN » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:27 pm

I think the Junior team was about working together as teams not sheep stations
The winners and non winners are irrelevant!

From what I saw the future is looking good :)

RB

Blind-dog

#3 Postby Blind-dog » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Umm sorry for any misunderstanding RB, my post was to highlight the kids achievements and the competition itself and not any winners V non winners, just haven't seen anything about it which is disappointing, also 224 views at this stage of posting might highlight the interest ??

Wal86

#4 Postby Wal86 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:00 am

Blind-dog wrote:Umm sorry for any misunderstanding RB, my post was to highlight the kids achievements and the competition itself and not any winners V non winners, just haven't seen anything about it which is disappointing, also 224 views at this stage of posting might highlight the interest ??

Couldnt agree more with above post..

Not only should we be acknowledging the kids achievements but also those few dedicated/passionate members who have driven the junior program... (coaches/parents etc..) There should be a full write up with results, Pb, equipment lists and team photos on all State Association and NRAA website/facebook pages.....

Its very disappointing that there has been no acknowledgement, unfortunately this just highlights why this sport is still going backwards...

Cheers
Alan

Punti

#5 Postby Punti » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:28 am

NSW Day 1;531.45 Day 2; 539.49 Total: 1070.94 1st
SA Day 1;525.38 Day 2; 522.38 Total: 1047.76 2nd
ACT Day 1;514.30 Day 2; 529.45 Total: 1043.75 3rd
Vic Day 1;519.39 Day 2; 513.25 Total: 1032.64 4th

A great competition, big thanks to the SARA Board for all their support.
Most of all thanks to all of you supporting the Junior programme.
Punti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bruce moulds

#6 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:24 am

who's job is it to do the write up, equipment lists, etc?
bruce
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Matt P

#7 Postby Matt P » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:10 am

Hi All,
Events like these don't just happen, and more often than not it's only one or two that drive these types of events. They only have so much time, should there have been a write up with scores, conditions, equipment etc ?? Absolutely but by who ?? This is one of our movements biggest issues, everyone wants more but doesn't want to contribute. Like the saying goes "many hands make light work". Perhaps we should all think about that next time you're at the range be it a Saturday afternoon, OPM or Queens, you'd be surprised how much a little bit of help can help those "few" that put their hand up to run an event for your enjoyment.
Matt Paroz

bruce moulds

#8 Postby bruce moulds » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:20 am

exactly matt.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Matt P

#9 Postby Matt P » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:06 pm

Alan
There are a heap of issues in my mind, and one runs into and affects others, our biggest issue is a lack of new members and an ageing current membership.
Now if you look at this more closely it gets worse, we are a niche sport that's expensive, so we'd all like to see membership costs lower (many feel this is what holds the sport back, I'm not 100% convinced). Ok so how do we lower our cost, well more volunteers would be a place to start but our "younger/new" members don't have the spare time due to work, family etc. At the same time our older members have "been there done it" and want to just enjoy a day out shooting (which they've earned).
The days of the volunteer are gone, I've been involved in a few sports when I was younger and now with my own kids, and I can tell you we're not alone. All sports have similar issues.

We double, triple and quadruple up on so many positions within our sport for example in my situation we have at National (NRAA) Chairman and a Board (finance, EO etc), then NSWRA Chairman and council, DRA the same and then again at the Club and then on top of that a Range users committee. That's a total of around 40 plus people, our whole sport has around 6000 plus members, do we really need all these layers of volunteers and could they be better utilized ??
In my opinion we need to streamline what we do, I'll leave it at that for now.
Regards
Matt Paroz
Last edited by Matt P on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt P

#10 Postby Matt P » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Oops, looks like Alan took his post down, sorry if the above looks like it goes off on a tangent, it was a reply to Alan (Wal86).
Matt

Wal86

#11 Postby Wal86 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:12 pm

Re-posted off topic sorry in advance..

"many hands make light work" 100% true....

Now this is only a suggestion but given the current circumstances of our sport, if lack of members/helpers is an issue and its affecting our product, our capacity for membership growth and $$$, should the question be asked:

Is our current membership base spread too thin across our ranges?
(amalgamation of clubs resources/members etc..)

Just a thought,

Tim N

#12 Postby Tim N » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Well done to all the juniors and a big thumbs up to all involved with organising the event.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

RDavies

#13 Postby RDavies » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Great to see the competition went well, congrats to those who competed and those who put in the hard work to make it happen.
It looks like we will have some great team members in the Under 25 squad in South Africa 2021.

RAVEN

#14 Postby RAVEN » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Wal86 wrote:
Blind-dog wrote:Umm sorry for any misunderstanding RB, my post was to highlight the kids achievements and the competition itself and not any winners V non winners, just haven't seen anything about it which is disappointing, also 224 views at this stage of posting might highlight the interest ??

Couldnt agree more with above post..

Not only should we be acknowledging the kids achievements but also those few dedicated/passionate members who have driven the junior program... (coaches/parents etc..) There should be a full write up with results, Pb, equipment lists and team photos on all State Association and NRAA website/facebook pages.....

Its very disappointing that there has been no acknowledgement, unfortunately this just highlights why this sport is still going backwards...

Cheers
Alan

Allan the info as you can see has been posted the whole intention with the U18 is to develop a national competition.
Expectation of score who beat who equipment etc. etc is irrelevant
adults need to be very mindful on placing their high expectation on kids.
I was participant on the Monday and the kids had a great time and so did I BTW
Careful management of this young people will put the associations in a good position for the future and fostering a new competition so steady as she goes I say!

RB :D

Wal86

#15 Postby Wal86 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:16 pm

RB,

I think you need to read my post again, nothing about "placing high expectations on kids"... :roll:

My point was that a write up with photos from this event would of been nice for these kids to share with their family/friends/schools even their local newspaper......

Cheers

Return to “Events”