The first Queen’s shoot post kungflu

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RDavies

Re: The first Queen’s shoot post kungflu

#16 Postby RDavies » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:43 pm

GSells wrote:One thing I do miss is everyone! =P~

Nah, I just miss shootin.
I don't care who else is there, I'm just going to either be walking around sniffing gunpowder fumes with a big silly grin, or looking through a scope of some sort with a bigger silly grin.

Josh Cox

#17 Postby Josh Cox » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 am

I don't think he was talking about you Rod. :)

GSells

#18 Postby GSells » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:28 pm

RDavies wrote:
GSells wrote:One thing I do miss is everyone! =P~

Nah, I just miss shootin.
I don't care who else is there, I'm just going to either be walking around sniffing gunpowder fumes with a big silly grin, or looking through a scope of some sort with a bigger silly grin.

What about the Mankini :mrgreen:

Josh Cox

#19 Postby Josh Cox » Sun May 10, 2020 8:17 am

https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/governme ... strictions

Based on the QLD roadmap, perhaps the QRA Queens might happen (14-16AUG).

QLD opens up to groups of 100 on 10JUL20, the borders are likely to still be closed, keeping those filthy Southerners with their inbreeding, flannelette shirts and sexually transmitted quadruped diseases where they belong :)

If the border are still shut, and 100 is the limit, is the event worth holding ?
Last edited by Josh Cox on Sun May 17, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RDavies

#20 Postby RDavies » Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 am

Josh Cox wrote:https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/roadmap-to-easing-queenslands-restrictions

QLD opens up to groups of 100 on 10JUL20, the borders are likely to still be closed, keeping those filthy Southerners with their inbreeding, flannelette shirts and sexually transmitted quadruped diseases where they belong :)

If there border are still shut, and 100 is the limit, is the event worth holding ?

Well it looks like us Mexicans won’t be jumping over the border fence with our diseases yet, so no need to lock the missus and kids away just yet.
What sort of numbers have they had at recent QRA Queens? In F class it was predominantly Brisbane shooters anyway so likely not a huge decrease in numbers there.
One option might be to split the event into 2 and not necessarily F class vs TR, which will have the appearance of creating division.
Maybe TR A grade, F std on one week and then the other grades and classes next week

Josh Cox

#21 Postby Josh Cox » Sun May 10, 2020 2:33 pm

That is a good idea, the accommodation on the range will earn income over two weeks not one....

There might be hard core shooters that can shoot both weeks in different disciplines...

willow

#22 Postby willow » Sun May 10, 2020 5:02 pm

I'm getting more and more confident NSW Queens will be a goer, and by the end of the year ACT and Victoria should be sweet. There might be quite a bit of driving happening in November/December.

Josh Cox

#23 Postby Josh Cox » Sat May 16, 2020 3:15 pm

Request exemption

Time for the QRA to get proactive and request guidance / an exemption on the basis of recreation etc

Rich4

#24 Postby Rich4 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:43 pm

RDavies wrote:
Josh Cox wrote:https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/roadmap-to-easing-queenslands-restrictions

If there border are still shut, and 100 is the limit, is the event worth holding ?

Well it looks like us Mexicans won’t be jumping over the border fence with our diseases yet, so no need to lock the missus and kids away just yet.
What sort of numbers have they had at recent QRA Queens? In F class it was predominantly Brisbane shooters anyway so likely not a huge decrease in numbers there.
One option might be to split the event into 2 and not necessarily F class vs TR, which will have the appearance of creating division.
Maybe TR A grade, F std on one week and then the other grades and classes next week

Looks like it may be locked borders until September by the sound of it, more concerned for the livestock than the missus, at least the Tasmanian’s can’t swim yet :lol:

Josh Cox

#25 Postby Josh Cox » Tue May 19, 2020 5:28 pm

We should still be able to patch some good numbers together from just Queenslanders ?

Peter Hulett

#26 Postby Peter Hulett » Tue May 19, 2020 7:51 pm

I don't think that you could call it a Queens if most of the shooting population is excluded. Maybe a State Championships?

GSells

#27 Postby GSells » Wed May 20, 2020 5:41 pm

Peter Hulett wrote:I don't think that you could call it a Queens if most of the shooting population is excluded. Maybe a State Championships?

We will still have fun ! :)

Peter Hulett

#28 Postby Peter Hulett » Wed May 20, 2020 7:46 pm

and good luck to you Queenslanders. I am just jealous

GSells

#29 Postby GSells » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:40 pm

Well I’ve got my new 284 w tuned and rip raring to go ! Can’t wait for an opm or Queens or something!!

Cliff Austen

#30 Postby Cliff Austen » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 am

Graham
Why don't you come to Coonabarabran in October For the Match Rifle and Long Range F Class Championships plus the Ultra Long Range Challenge? See Match Rifle web site for details.
Cheers
Cliff

Return to “Events”