ACT QUEENS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

#16 Postby Lynn Otto » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 am

Peter there is nothing stopping you from starting a thread in "Equipment and Technical" requesting the information you are after, that is what the topic is for. In fact there have been previous threads on barrel choice, have a look around.

This forum is open to all topics relating to our sport, not all of them interest me, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. Make the forum work for you by asking the right question in the right place in a friendly manner, that always helps. :D

Lynn

mike H

#17 Postby mike H » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:08 pm

Peter,
There is no best gear for F/class standard. At Canberra, with 51 entries, you could find plenty of different actions, stocks, barrels and rests. The winner came first because he was the best shot, over three days. There were probably ten other shooters capable of winning, but did not. None of them would have had second rate gear.
I use an Omark, well worn .223 Tobler barrel, and a bi-pod. Nothing flash, If I had greater ability, my results would have been better.
Any gunsmith doing target rifle work, could help you get a good rifle, without any drama.
Good luck with it,
Mike.

Return to “Events”