MATCH RIFLE & LONG RANGE F CLASS ULTRA LONG RANGE CHALLENGE CANCELLED

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Cliff Austen

MATCH RIFLE & LONG RANGE F CLASS ULTRA LONG RANGE CHALLENGE CANCELLED

#1 Postby Cliff Austen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:57 pm

Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the NSW Match Rifle Association has cancelled the Match Rifle & Long Range F Class events (Ultra Long Range Challenge and rescheduled State Championships) that were planned for 6-8 October 2020 at Coonabarabran NSW. :(

RDavies

Re: MATCH RIFLE & LONG RANGE F CLASS ULTRA LONG RANGE CHALLENGE CANCELLED

#2 Postby RDavies » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:57 pm

Shame to hear that, i was looking forward to one of my most anticipated shoots of the year. Given the current situation, it is not too surprising though. Maybe you can run 2 comps next year?

willow

#3 Postby willow » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:41 pm

yeah I was looking forward to this but now that it's cancelled there's no rush to get my new build up and running.

bainp

#4 Postby bainp » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:53 pm

NSW Match Rifle and Long range F Class have been running 2 competitions per year for some years, however it is the same tiny group of people that do all the work to enable that. The NSW Championship is held in Ungarie first weekend of May each year and the Long Range Challenge (including 1500yard ranges) is held in Coonabarabran in the days following on from the Coonabarabran Rifle Club's prize meeting on the October Long Weekend. Note that the Bland Shire (West Wyalong and Ungarie) hasn't had a single case of Covid 19 and Warrumbungle Shire (Coonabarabran) has had only one case of Covid 19.
It would be a foolhardy person that would risk taking that virus to either region. Those Shires would never want to see us shooters again.

Return to “Events”