QRA Queen’s

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tim L

Re: QRA Queen’s

#91 Postby Tim L » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Gyro wrote:I'm not sure exactly how this "final" works in Oz but it has been suggested by some here to have the final as the decider. Fuck that.

Those who shoot the final have tge extra 15 shots added to their 3 day aggrigate score.
Basically its just an extra range on queens.
To be objective it does still squad disciplines and did (for f class at least) group disciplines in an area of the range.

Tim L

#92 Postby Tim L » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:40 pm

Does anyone know Dimitri well enough to ask for the raw data file for the entire queens.

GSells

#93 Postby GSells » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:17 pm

Gyro wrote:I'm not sure exactly how this "final" works in Oz but it has been suggested by some here to have the final as the decider. Fuck that.

But don’t you already have a final for NZ ? Which you have won a few times ?

DenisA

#94 Postby DenisA » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:07 pm

I don't know how the final worked here either.
The strange thing is in the way the last top 50 1000y shoot was applied to badges. It counted towards the Queens series score by itself but it did not count towards the Queens series score when the Grand Aggregate was added up.
So I won the Duncan on equivalent whole points to Andrew. Andrew won the Queens series by 2 points after the final 1000y. But I won the Grand Aggregate by 5 points!?

GSells

#95 Postby GSells » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:10 pm

Anyway, I think we all have had a say and some good points have come up ! I’m still for the final as per my previous comments. Hopefully next time they will put everyone in fair wind and not turbulence .

Alll in all was a great Queens and very well ran ! I hope more Southerners will come up and contest a very tough rifle range that can be kind at times !
All the best , loved gasbagging with everyone .
Regards Graham Sells .

Gyro

#96 Postby Gyro » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:16 am

Our “Final” over here is like Tim says, an extension to the Queens and you keep your points from the preceding 3 days shooting. The final is a 15 shotter at 900yds and the top agging shooters get put right in the middle of the range for both FTR and FO with the next placing shooters radiating out left and right from there. I understand the final used to be held at 1000 yards but was complained about by many as too cruel.

Right now there are remits before the Council here to amend much of the way the Queens is shot i.e. to shoot less of the longs i.e. to make it easier. WTF .

There are always examples of a shooter/s who despite shooting in really hard conditions and even in “magpie alley” at Trentham who can still pull off a really good shoot. Sometimes ya just do get a handle on it and can work well with your chosen flags ……. and sometimes ya get absolutely destroyed. Despite that there are reasons the top shooters win so often. I know at Trentham it’s won or lost at the Longs. Every time. Belmonts the same I guess.

GSells

#97 Postby GSells » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:40 am

Gyro wrote:Our “Final” over here is like Tim says, an extension to the Queens and you keep your points from the preceding 3 days shooting. The final is a 15 shotter at 900yds and the top agging shooters get put right in the middle of the range for both FTR and FO with the next placing shooters radiating out left and right from there. I understand the final used to be held at 1000 yards but was complained about by many as too cruel.

Right now there are remits before the Council here to amend much of the way the Queens is shot i.e. to shoot less of the longs i.e. to make it easier. WTF .

There are always examples of a shooter/s who despite shooting in really hard conditions and even in “magpie alley” at Trentham who can still pull off a really good shoot. Sometimes ya just do get a handle on it and can work well with your chosen flags ……. and sometimes ya get absolutely destroyed. Despite that there are reasons the top shooters win so often. I know at Trentham it’s won or lost at the Longs. Every time. Belmonts the same I guess.

Well said Mate ! =D>

Gyro

#98 Postby Gyro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 am

But wait there’s more : I reckon you could set up a good teaching aid by having a drone/s sitting up behind the shooter capturing pictures of a shooter firing a string. You could then capture and match each shot with the flag positions ………. then run it on a big screen in a classroom and teach shooters how to recognise what’s happening ?

Return to “Events”