WARA Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

WARA Queens

#1 Postby AlanF » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Wow! The WARA Queens has been and gone unnoticed (on this forum at least).

https://www.results.nraa.com.au/wara-2020-queens-prize-meeting-results/

There were some very close finishes. Looks like it would have been a shoot-off between Ben Dei Giudici and Katherine Keogh in F-Std, while in F-Open, two possibles by Brett Bunyan at 900m on the last day for a very close come from behind win over Shaun Stoffels. They need Hextas over there, or should I say WE need them to have Hextas - it would have been great drama to watch unfold.

Congrats to all winners =D> =D> =D> .

Gyro

Re: WARA Queens

#2 Postby Gyro » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:57 pm

Good shooter numbers waaaaaay over there ! The only time I ever went over there was to shear them merinos a few years back ........ no sheep jokes please. Regards Rob Kerridge.

pjifl

Mackay

#3 Postby pjifl » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Another shoot that has gone almost unnoticed is Mackay (Mt Vince Range).

Mackay have had a bank of (7) new Hexta targets for a few years but then their range was closed. Eventually they have overcome the Range problems and had their grand reopening shoot this weekend past with over 70 shooters taking part over 2 days.

Many will remember Mackay fondly. The NQ Queens was held there for many years and Southern Shooters often worked their way North shooting at Mackay and Clermont on the way to the current NQRA Queens in Townsville. I see from the names that there were quite a few refugees from the deep south this year as well.

Results are on the NRAA site but also one can investigate all shooter's groups because they are now up on the Hexta web site at
http://shooting.hexsystems.com.au/club/76

Mackay now have an excellent setup and hopefully next year the migration from Southern States to NQ will resume.

Peter Smith.

PS. This was meant to be a new subject. This site needs a simple and obvious way to start new topics !!

superx10

#4 Postby superx10 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:35 pm

Interesting scores for the Western Austarlian Queens I would have thought that the hunter classs would have out scored the TR but no not the case the TR out shot the Hunter class =D>

Quick

#5 Postby Quick » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:44 pm

TR shot different ranges then Hunter Class so ita unfair to compare them. Also the whole event was squadded.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

bsouthernau

#6 Postby bsouthernau » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:42 am

superx10 wrote:Interesting scores for the Western Austarlian Queens I would have thought that the hunter classs would have out scored the TR but no not the case the TR out shot the Hunter class =D>

What made you think that?

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:53 pm

A question for WARA Queens shooters. Do you know if the "Hunter Division" is identical with the the SSRs "Sporting Hunting Discipline"? If it is then I may start a ranking system category for it.

Quick

#8 Postby Quick » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:35 pm

Alan,

Yes it is. It was shot to the SSRs.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:35 am