Goondiwindi Opm

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

GSells

Goondiwindi Opm

#1 Postby GSells » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:15 pm

https://www.results.nraa.com.au/goondiw ... 2-results/
Some amazing scores shot today and they were flickering with up to 2 moa of wind for 7 mm at times .
S Campbell shot an amazing 180.29
B Potter 180.28
L Tillack 180.26
I shot a 59.7 and was well down at 16 th or so ! Crazy how everyone has just lifted! I remember Julie Mac shooting a possible at Wondai Opm 2013 ( think it was ) and everyone was clapping ! There were 7 shooters that shot clean ! If you weren’t shooting possibles with nearly all x’s , you weren’t in the hunt!

Because of the rain we shot tripple 700 m’s . I finally tried the 168 copperheads and they grouped very good in the last detail . But they were meant for the double 500 m’s not for 800 yds and the 180 bergers were going to be for 600 m’s .

So the copperheads are a very well constructed projectile and at 700 m with the 180’s at 2660 fps and the 168 copperheads at 2900 fps the elevation adjustment was pretty much the same !
The rain was coming in the last 58.2 shoot with the copperheads and that score doesn't do them justice at all . As I’m just out of form loosing elevation shoots to shooter error.
But maybe worth giving the copperheads a go at the shorts ?

Anyway because it’s Father’s Day tomorrow I have generally not shot the Sunday . So keep an eye out to see if Mr Campbell can bring it home ! Quite exceptional shooting across the board ( except me lol!)
Regards Graham.
Ps great to catch up with my shooting family again ! Some I haven’t seen since Pinjar teams 2019 !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

superx10

Re: Goondiwindi Opm

#2 Postby superx10 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:33 am

Hi Graham yes th elevel of shooting at Goodiwindi must be of one of the highest in Australia for a country comp really impressive , thanks for the update

Return to “Events”