F-Class World Championships 2023

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

Re: F-Class World Championships 2023

#76 Postby RAVEN » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:07 pm

AlanF

#77 Postby AlanF » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:38 pm

Richard,

Now I know you're half an hour behind over there, but I put those links up at about 7am!

How's things anyway? :D

RAVEN

#78 Postby RAVEN » Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:34 pm

Doh! I didn't read the previous post. :roll:
BTW I hope your well Alan!
Kind Regards
RB

AlanF

F-Open Individuals Day2 Progressive Scores

#79 Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:50 am

Range wins to Tim Nugent (800m) and Stuey Braund (900m) helping them to 1st and 2nd respectively in the day 2 Agg! =D> Overall Tim is now the leading Aussie 3 pts off the pace in 4th, with Richard Bailey and Rod Davies a point behind Tim in 6th and 9th respectively. Some other medals today : Jason 2nd at 800m, Albert 3rd at 900m. =D>

https://2021fcwc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/MATCH-8-F-OPEN-AGGREGATE-DAY-2.pdf

FCWC2023Day2FOpenProgressiveV2.pdf

South Africans continue to lead the placings in F-Open, but I'm optimistic about our chances in the teams. Keep it up fellas!

CORRECTION!!!!
When I combined the scores of all ranges to get progressive scores it was not done correctly'. Apologies to anyone who read it and congratulated or commiserated with the wrong people. My only excuse is that it happened at 2:30am. To the best of my knowledge the attached V2 version is correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim N

#80 Postby Tim N » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:30 am

Alan
Thanks for putting up the links
I had a great day today and with a bit of luck had a good result.
Tomorrow is 2x 20 shot matches at 900m so anything could happen.
All the shooting is 2 or 3 to a target bisley
I don’t think there’s anyone who hasn’t enjoyed this style of shooting and my experience with this team and the one that went to Canada is most prefer it to string fire.
It would be great to see one of our Kings shot bisley style or possibly the nationals!
It’s 9:30pm here and there’s a storm rolling in, just hope it’s gone tomorrow.
Weather has been good here in the mid to high 20s with only the FTR crew getting wet so far.
Will try and bring a report tomorrow
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Bretto77

#81 Postby Bretto77 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:26 am

I have been closely following along every night and morning to keep up with how everyone has been doing, what an amazing effort so far by all of the team and their partners sharing on Instagram and Facebook. Keep up the efforts and sending through positive vibes to everyone to keep the good string going Aussie Aussie Aussie.

RAVEN

#82 Postby RAVEN » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 am

I like what I'm seeing. =D> =D>
Keep up the great work =D> =D>
Aussie should be able to go into the team event with confidence that they will be competitive.
The rest will be how well you all work as a team the path have been trodden before you know the way.
Focus Focus Focus
Good Luck
RB :D

JasonO

#83 Postby JasonO » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:49 pm

AlanF

#84 Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:33 pm

Looks like Engelbrecht has cleared out with just one range to go but you never know with a 20 shot 900m if conditions are variable...

Great shoot by Rod to win with a possible in the first 900. =D>

FCWC2023FOpenProgressiveOneRangetoGo.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RAVEN

#85 Postby RAVEN » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:39 pm

Its going to be very close!
The S African shooters look very strong.
well done Rocket the only perfect score at 900
Go Aussies [-o< [-o< =D>

Tim N

#86 Postby Tim N » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:09 am

Last Day of the individuals
Rod Davies ended in 3rd place overall after an excellent shoot today
Yesterday Rod was crook as a dog and wasn’t on his game but certainly made up today
Well done !!
Stuart Braund finished in 9th after shooting very consistently-Well done
Well done to all Aussies who braved the conditions
I set a personal record for shots lost on my last range-seems my gun and I both decided to fall apart at the same time- had fun anyway
Looking forward to someone else figuring out the wind calls :)
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

AlanF

#87 Postby AlanF » Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:25 am

Bad luck Tim. The scores indicate conditions in the last 900m caught many out big time. If you get a bad patch shooting Bisley style, you just have to grit your teeth and shoot through it. The daily agg gold will lessen pain I'm sure.

Congrats to Rod and Stuey on their great placings, and good to see most F-Open Aussies in the top half, including importantly the coaches.

https://2021fcwc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/MATCH-14-F-OPEN-CHAMPIONSHIPS.pdf

F/TR Aussies have had less success, but congrats to Chris Allman as the best of them.
https://2021fcwc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/MATCH-14-FTR-CHAMPIONSHPS.pdf

Next, the main event. Bring it on 8) .

RDavies

#88 Postby RDavies » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:08 am

Well I am glad the individuals is over and now the wind and mirage is all the coaches problem.
As mentioned already i had a little bit of an off day yesterday and thought any pressure was now off me, but after being the only one to go clean in the first 20 shot match at 900M, I realized I wasn't ready for the scrap heap yet and I think I ended up winning the daily agg today consisting of 2 lots of 20 shot matches at 900m. It has certainly been an interesting range to shoot on with plenty of interesting conditions, especially for the 800 and 900m each day. It certainly felt different concentrating on conditions, scoring, plotting and staying in your right order when shooting 3 to a target for 20 shots, sometimes being on the mound for an hour, with every shot being a sighter.

Another interesting thing on the range today was a ceasefire being called while the F Open relay was shooting up at my end on RHS of the range when Wilderbeast came into our line of fire and started prancing around wildly for some reason, not sure if he knew he had 20 rifle scopes on him.

It was very interesting to look down the range and see 116 F Open rifles on the line together as F Open and F/tr shot in their own relays I tried taking some plano pictures off it as regular pictures just dont show the number of shooters on the line. As cameras are not allowed on the line but I was often checking over targets down the range while waiting for my time to shoot and it was strange to have so many targets to watch for trends, even with 3 people to a target. Caliber wise, 300WSMs appeared to be much more common than at home while 7 SAUMs were also very common. There might've been a few standard 284s, but I never heard of anything smaller than 284.

As you can see by the results, the South Africans have been very strong , taking many of the higher placings, but they have also been great hosts, all of the being very friendly. A great bunch of very switched on blokes.

Now individual competition is over and it has been a great experience shooting regular international style F class again and as mentioned by others, most shooters would like to see more of it in Australia. In the morning, the teams practice is on, followed the day after by the main teams competition.

AlanF

#89 Postby AlanF » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:58 am

Thanks Rod. Very interesting observations. Congratulations on another great FCWC Bisley style performance. If Bisley was done more in Australia the sport would be much better for it. And yes I hadn't realised you got the daily agg for day 3. At the time of writing it still isn't on the official website (should be match 10a I believe). Anyway I've derived it from the range results (see attachment). Looking forward to the teams event.

FCWC2023Day3FOpenDailyAgg.pdf

Rod's Wildebeeste features briefly on this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrpQAIwPPWE

DaveMc

#90 Postby DaveMc » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:31 pm

Great comeback Rod!
and congrats Stu, Jason and others on a great performance!!.

Coaches and rifles look to be on song ..... The work is done but have confidence it will get better and better as the next two days unfold and it will likely come down to the last.

Go get em team AUS!!!!

Return to “Events”