Scoped Rifle Training Days

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tony Q

#61 Postby Tony Q » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:05 am

This is the 'final' group for the year on the 1000yard mound ... minus 1 who had to run before the pic was taken.

The good looking one ... is me :P
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Simon C

#62 Postby Simon C » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:55 pm

Tony, I think I know what the problem is.......u dont wear a watch. Try one (not digital though) u might be surprised by a dramatic improvement in windage estimation :P

Shifty :lol:
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Tony Q

#63 Postby Tony Q » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:45 pm

Is that right!

Well i think they should change the numbers so 3-o-clock is on the left side of the clock face ... then the problem would go away :P

Lynn Otto

#64 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:17 pm

How about this one guys

Lynn

Tony Q

#65 Postby Tony Q » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:11 pm

thats better ... :P

Simon C

#66 Postby Simon C » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:06 pm

Teh 6 and the twelve need to be reversed though!!!
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Tony Q

#67 Postby Tony Q » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:23 pm

So does your 'H' and 'E' ... (The) ... Simon :P

Simon C

#68 Postby Simon C » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:57 pm

I knew that would draw that reponse! :lol:

Shitfy aka Shifty :P
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Tony Q

#69 Postby Tony Q » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:51 am

Well .... 2 new members so far from this class. I would hope another 2 are going to join also bringing the total new memberships for the year to .... (drum roll)

11 out of 38 students for the year.

... 27% gain aint to shabby :lol:

So, to all those who visit this forum and who have helped with running the 2005 Training Days ... (you know who you are) ... =D> =D> =D>

Thank You and make sure your availiable for 2006 ... :lol:

RAVEN

#70 Postby RAVEN » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:57 am

Well done TQ

bruce moulds

#71 Postby bruce moulds » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:13 pm

tony,
it would be good if sara would obtain say 3 scoped rifles for your schools & any that other clubs might instigate.
this would defray the costs to individuals like yourself & gordon harrison who freely supply your own equipment, & nightforce, who have supported the job with rifles, scopes, & more.
sara has possibly already benefited sufficiently from these schools to cover the costs of such an INVESTMENT.
bruce.
ps, could i suggest that consideration be given to 1 of these rifles being a 223-1:8 twist

Tony Q

#72 Postby Tony Q » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:21 am

Hiya Brucy

While I can only agree with what you say there are some issues.

SARA cannot have rifles registered in their name meaning they would need to be registered in an individuals name and stored on their own premises. While SARA could keep these rifles under their ‘Dealers Licence’ I don’t know what ramifications there are.

The idea and concept of Training Days works very well but does require peoples time and effort to make them happen, not to mention providing equipment. While SARA have reaped 38 provisional membership fees, 800+ rounds of ammo sales, 11 new members and all the ongoing revenue from them it is in their interest to ‘chip in’ for next year as there is no reason why the next lot of training days will provide any difference in results.

I will be talking with Paul Next week when he returns from Canbera to see what they can do for next year.

Tony Q

#73 Postby Tony Q » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:56 pm

I feel I need to clarify some things in regard to the pictures I have posted from our training day .. or ‘Camp Quinlan’ as a.JR refers to me/it ... whatever.

It will be noticed that all the pictures show beaming smiles and tactical rifles, we use these rifles in our advertising as they are a draw card, they are the types of rifles general shooters read about, see in movies and generally have never seen one close up.

Mention a target rifle to the general sporting shooter and watch them run away in horror .. the goal is to get them there and show them what FC is and how rewarding it is both on the mound and in the club room.

On the day we display and discuss .303 rifles and how they started the basic concept of FB, we discuss the Omark and other modern TR rifles like the Dale and Angle. We look at Match rifles, FB/FS rifles, Factory FS rifles (varmint) and full blown FS/FO/BR rifles and concepts.

In other words we make sure that every form and facet of long range shooting is looked at and its then up to the individual to decide, not us and certainly not me.

For those on this forum who have done our training courses and have also become members of this great sport can you please post a message to confirm or deny my comments and to indicate if I have ever tried to persuade any of you to adopt my way of thinking or to take up one form over another.

Thanks.

AM

#74 Postby AM » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:15 pm

Hi Tony Q

I am one of the first products of the MBRC’s Training Day now 1 year old. I can tell you that the days are run by experienced people who keep all the students riveted with informative information and humor. I can also confirm TQ’s statement that at no time ever has he or anyone else at the MBRC inferred, directed or dictated anything in regard to what ideas, ideals or what equipment one should have to be a part of F Class.

I was put behind 3 different outfits and I made my own mind up, and I’m still learning. Any questions I have are always met with quick and proper response by those I have come to trust in such things. Even with my recent post looking for advice with switch barrels for an F Open rifle, and while grateful for your advice the answers I received were exactly the same as the advice I received from TQ, and I asked him first and it was his idea to post the same question on the forum.

Albert.
MBRC

Simon C

#75 Postby Simon C » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:40 am

Ditto to AM

Personally, I didnt care what I shot with on the day and was not influenced in any way as such.....I just wanted to shoot a rifle at a target which most people (who arent TGT shooters) have never had the opportunity to do.
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Return to “Events”