Scoped Rifle Training Days

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Yogi

#46 Postby Yogi » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:31 pm

You should have told him one of your jokes, Tony. That would have wiped the smile from his face.

Tony Q

#47 Postby Tony Q » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:35 pm

I did Yogi .. I did tell him one of YOUR lame jokes 8)

But he still shot well ... and he will be back.

Had an e-mail yesterday from one of them saying how they are still smiling at the experience and cant wait to return for some more.

All good stuff .. even with your lamest of jokes!!!

:lol:
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Tony Q

#48 Postby Tony Q » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:05 pm

Well, we just got our first new member from just our Training Day advertising .. he didnt even do the course .. he just joined.

And he’s FO

Advertising guys … it does work!

Tony Q

#49 Postby Tony Q » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:21 pm

Hello again

Well Nov 13th is all booked up ..... And another 3 wanting to come and see what we do as they have not heard of F Class or Fullbore before (this is just through our advertising)

Interestingly we have 2 shooters coming from St Albans in Victoria forour Nov training day. So can anyone supply Contact names and clubs near to this location so we can pass them on???

John E

#50 Postby John E » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:21 am

Tony,
Your St Albans recruits could give me a call on (03) 9497 3829 at work, if they wish . My club does not have any open shooters at this stage -- all of our F class shooters are Fstd, but they would be well looked after. We have club rifles set up for F class, so they would not need any gear to start off.
By the way, Stawell long range PM was quite an experience. I finished up shooting Fstd using the 155 Sierras, and they did go 1200 yds o.k.
I was squadded with some NSW shooters and I was very impressed with their 6.5 x 284s --- I might have to build one.
Regards John

AlanF

#51 Postby AlanF » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:50 am

John E wrote:...was very impressed with their 6.5 x 284s --- I might have to build one...

You just stick with your .308 John - you do quite well enough with that! :lol:

Seriously, it would be a pleasure to have you shooting in Open. If you do go with a 6.5 I'd highly recommend a Barnard action. I hope to see you next weekend at Bendigo.

BTW I'll try to get the results from Stawell to put in the results page of the website.

Alan :)

John E

#52 Postby John E » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:27 pm

Thanks Alan,
but please don't get me thinking of buying another action -- you know where that leads, and I really don't need another one anyway. Besides that, the credit card is still hurting from the 8 1/2 - 25 scope that I thought I needed the other day.
I will be at Bendigo next week, God willing, and we will have 96 years old Billy Gray with us. I hope you don't mind if he shoots off a portable bench.
It would be no good telling him that he can't, because he wouldn't be able to hear you anyway. Look forward to seeing you and Bruce & co.
John

Tony Q

#53 Postby Tony Q » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:33 pm

Thanks John i'll make sure it goes into their documentation folders along with VRC info.

Tony Q

#54 Postby Tony Q » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:39 pm

I forgot to say that this next training day will see our first Female student

=D>

Her and her partner are both booked in and are visiting the range this Saturday to see what its all about, they are both shooters but would like to get into F Class and are very keen to join a SARA club.

We will have FS and FO rifles on hand and will give out the contacts for all the local clubs so they can do the rounds and see where they fit in.

Tony Q

#55 Postby Tony Q » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:17 pm

Well we just had our last, for this year, training day and it was a smashing success with only positive responses and comments from all our ‘seminar students’. As mentioned before this training day saw our first female student and she not only showed up some of the guys but she also won the kindly donated ‘Varmint Scope’.

A very happy lady. (who will now be soon applying for a firearms license)

Every one had a great day with many laughs enjoyed by all but most importantly these people learned something they didn’t know … F Class and Fullbore

Best ‘Student’ Quotes for the day:

The 1000 yard Demo was amazing…. ( F- Class and Fullbore demonstrated)

What the hell is “3-o-clock LEFT”???? …. (raised a lot of humor .. at my expense!)

I have been shooting a long time and I didn’t know a fraction of what I learned today!

“I won the Scope!!!!!!”

For the record .. we had people come from as far away as Mt Gambier and Melbourne.

Next one … Feb 2006

RAVEN

#56 Postby RAVEN » Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:29 pm

Well done TQ =D>
RB

Simon C

#57 Postby Simon C » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:53 pm

Bloody Hell Tony!! U and your wind direction :roll:

I'm gonna get a big clock and attach a spike to it. Then I'm gonna stick it in the mound to left of you...that should help :lol:
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Tony Q

#58 Postby Tony Q » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:28 pm

LOL Mate ... the 3-o-clock thing was from the previous course but Harro told them about it in his wind reading segment ... so, with all the people i coached if i told them to aim at 3-o-clock they would point to the left .. just for confirmation ... LOL

It was all in good humor ... i guess :cry:

Buggers!!!!!! :lol:

Simon C

#59 Postby Simon C » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:15 pm

Tony......I can see a special award at the club presentation this season. Might involve some sort of timepiece
"Aim small, miss small"

Simon

Tony Q

#60 Postby Tony Q » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:31 pm

oops ... they would point to the right!!!!!!

LOL see .... thats how easy it is.

Whats this Simon .. i'll get a nice watch :lol:

Return to “Events”