ROSEDALE MARCH 17 & 18 LOOKING GOOD

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

#16 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:48 am

congratulations on having ftr at rosedale.
there seems to be a fear in some circles that ftr will decimate fstd.
there is nothing further from the truth.
std will always have the feeder of tr shooters and rifles, and is a great vehicle to keep older shooters on ranges and tr rifles can often be purchased at reasonable prices and set up economically for new std shooters.
ftr is suited to an untapped market of howa, rem, tikka, savage,etc factory rifle purchasers who are currently going off to ssaa ranges or just shooting rocks and cans. 1% of these shooters on our ranges would be significant.
these 2 disciplines combined with fopen can all work together with tr for mutual benefit.
now that linda has got the international ball rolling, the ideal time for ftr has come.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

Lynn Otto

#17 Postby Lynn Otto » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Barry Davies wrote:I thought it was a foregone conclusion that the NRAA was going to officially sanction F/TR -why has this not yet happened?
Until this happens F/TR will remain in limbo.
The advocates of F/TR should be making a concerted effort to get it into the rule book thereby establishing it as a recognized international discipline in Australia.

Barry Davies wrote:It seems to me that some people cannot get their heads around the fact that another discipline other than TR is representing Australia.

Whilst reading this a thought crossed my mind: how can we be sending an official Australian team overseas when the discipline is neither recognised or sanctioned by our national controlling body. Especially since it is not even covered in our SSR's. I'm pleased that said team is going but the situation does pose some interesting questions and perhaps shortcomings on the part of the NRAA.

bruce moulds

#18 Postby bruce moulds » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:35 pm

lynn,
you might have nailed a good point there.
no doubt the nraa will be happy to bask in any glory associated with an ftr team. this raises the point of the responsibility that goes with the glory.
it looks as if ftr might have to do it the hard way.
one thing about this is that if (or should i say when) it succeeds, it will be on the soundest footing possible.
before fstd and fopen, there was just fclass.
i recall in those days attending any event made available, in order to promote its future as growth hopefully occurred. often only 2 or 3 fclass shooters.
i know lynn & trev did the same for the same reasons. this is possibly how ftr will go. a trickle to a dribble to a stream slowly.
one thing is for sure. if clubs don't start the chicken and the egg thing, nothing will happen.
this is the gift tr gave us. surely we can give ourselves the same gift for our own future.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

macguru

#19 Postby macguru » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 pm

In the meantime, if you are rebarreling that 308 dont go any slower than 1 in 12 twist, maybe even a 11 or 10 twist should be considered to give compatibility with heavier FTR projectiles....

johnk

#20 Postby johnk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Palma isn't an officially sanctioned discipline in Australia either, but we contest it.

Both Palma & F Class are contested under the ICFRA rules, the organisation & rules of which were specifically designed to permit competition between nations of goodwill who compete in largely similar disciplines.

macguru

#21 Postby macguru » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm

What is palma anyway ?

Do you mean fullbore ?

I dont think there are enough people for a good comp in F Std AND FTR at the same time, but i am happy to have a go :)

Chopper

#22 Postby Chopper » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:06 pm

ANYWAY, well done to all, and 5 60s in a row, Well done Alan, Chop.

John E

#23 Postby John E » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Alan
I know of no-one who is opposed to the introduction of F/Tr, including myself.
There are a number of Victorian shooters who like to talk it up, and I could name them, but where were they when you provided a good competition with excellent badges and prizes?
As you pointed out, I shoot FSTD, and likewise, you shoot FO. If we decided to shoot Ftr, we would need to build new equipment, which I am not prepared to do and I am sure you also would not.
You did offer to allow anyone in FSTD with an FTr compliant rifle to participate in the Ftr event, however Kay's and my rifle were not compatible.
I'm quite sure that when we have enough shooters who want to shoot FTr, it will take off. In the meantime, those who talk it up should be prepared to participate in it. Maybe then it will take off.

John

Barry Davies

#24 Postby Barry Davies » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:30 am

Sorry to disagree John but Palma IS sanctioned by the NRAA - they give their blessing to an official competing Aussie team.

johnk

#25 Postby johnk » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Barry,

My point in response to a concern by Lynn was that ICFRA Palma is sanctioned by NRAA in exactly the same manner as are the ICFRA F class disciplines. Our SSRs do not include rules for any of those three international disciplines.

John

Barry Davies

#26 Postby Barry Davies » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 am

Point understood John.
I assume then that there is no need to include F/TR into our rule book as it is an international competition--as with Palma, and as such there will be no rule variations to suit local conditions.
Palma, FO, and F/TR then have equal status.

Return to “Events”