coona

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

coona

#1 Postby bruce moulds » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:59 am

anyone getting any feedback from coona?
the 1500 results will be most interesting.
keep safe,
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880
http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

ecomeat

#2 Postby ecomeat » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Jenni Hausler just posted on Facebook that she won the 1000 yds and was 3rd for the day.
I will see if I can get her to post on here daily
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Paul Janzso

#3 Postby Paul Janzso » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:28 am

Shobby shot a possible at 1,000
Cheers
Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

Norm

#4 Postby Norm » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:13 pm

Coona is great. Those that are not here? I feel sorry for you!

Great to catch up with some of the forum members and we are all having a greta shoot and making some new friends.

TTBS28

I Feel Sorry For You !!

#5 Postby TTBS28 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Norm,

Thanks for posting the pics. The spit roast looks awesome. The country folk know how to entertain, don't they?

For the record Matt Roberts is my son and I just couldn't help myself - I just had to respond to your phrase " I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU ". I nearly rolled on the floor when I read it. Going back many months Matt mentioned to a few F-Class members at the range that he was going to Coona for the F-Class Longs. One of our well noted F-Class members immediately said "What do you want to do that for ?? I feel sorry for you !! " At the time it stuck in my brain as something to use to advantage at a later date so it was quite funny to see you using it in reverse. Well done !!

Anyway, hope you guys have a good time over there and enjoy some good shooting - I'm sure you will.

Happy to look at more pics / results etc if you have time to post them.

Regards...........Jeff. Roberts.

jcinsa

#6 Postby jcinsa » Wed May 01, 2013 5:32 am

I like the look of those badges !
Argue with a fool, and all the casual observer will see is two fools arguing.

bruce moulds

#7 Postby bruce moulds » Wed May 01, 2013 3:58 pm

norm,
we need some names to faces.
bill freebairn seems to be there, although i can't imagine a freebairn at a match rifle event.
bruce.
"SUCH IS LIFE" Edward Kelly 11 nov 1880

http://youtu.be/YRaRCCZjdTM

RAVEN

#8 Postby RAVEN » Wed May 01, 2013 4:31 pm

John T is on the left

Norm

#9 Postby Norm » Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 pm

What is with the South Aus blokes and their pimped up rifles?
The ballast tanks full of uranium was quite unexpected. :shock:

ecomeat

Jenni Hauslers photos of scoreboards

#10 Postby ecomeat » Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Jenni Hausler has posted these on Facebook, so I am attempting to share them on here. 4 x photos in total
Look at these Queenslanders go !!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and the last one

Hopefully she will be able to keep these coming daily
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#11 Postby ecomeat » Sat May 04, 2013 9:48 am

Posting this off Jenni Hauslers Facebook page
It would seem that Queenslander and well known Range Office John Kielly has taken out the Match Rifle Open Championship from fast finishing Mike Halloran, by 758 pts to 755, with R Halloran in 3rd on 752.

In the Long Range F OPen Championships, N Nelson finished very well to just roll Queenslander John Tracey for the title, by 875 pts to 870.
Matt Roberts was just a single point behind on 869 to take out 3rd placing.

Jenni Hausler took out the FMR/FTR Long Range Championship by a massive 15 points. Jenni finished on 826 points, with A Wilson in second place on 811, and G Willis in 3rd on 808 pts.

The final Aggregate scores as follows:

Yesterday Mike Halloran shot 100-13 @ 1200 yards in Match Rifle Open, which is a superb bit of shooting

My apologies for not knowing enough about the home states and Clubs of the "non Queenslanders" who travelled to Coonabarabran.
I am pretty sure they now finish off with the Teams events, so hopefully results available by Sunday evening
Rgds
Tony

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Sat May 04, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks Tony. Keep it coming please.

Well done to John Kielly, Wilf Wright, Norm Nelson and Jenni Hausler =D> . I'm particlularly pleased to see the "new kid on block" Norm Nelson come through in F-Open. He's been looking forward to this event for many months. The program says F-Class State teams today, then the 1500yd :shock: tomorrow - I hope conditions are kind.

Alan

aaronraad

#13 Postby aaronraad » Sun May 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Looking forward to the 1500y results!
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

ecomeat

#14 Postby ecomeat » Sun May 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Sorry for the false alarm ! Still nothing posted on Jenni's Facebook page that I can steal, so I guess she is on the road and headed for home. I will try to call her and at least get some results, if not the photos of the Scoreboard that everyone wants to see.
Tony

ecomeat

#15 Postby ecomeat » Sun May 05, 2013 10:12 pm

OK, got the 1500 yard results sorted, via Ms Hausler and Facebook. as per the following photos.
It would certainly seem that retiring and shooting virtually full time for weeks (months ??) is very good for your long term shooting performance ! Congratulations to Jenni Hausler for another win, this time in the FMR/FTR 1500 yards.
Also a good win to B Siegloff in the hotly contested F Open 1500 yards, to G Walker in Match Rifle Open , and to B White in Match Rifle Reserve Grade

Apparently many of the 43 shooters who lined up today for the 1500 yards had up to 6.5 moa of wind on.
Jenni didnt have any photos she could forward of Saturdays Teams event Scoreboard, but apparently it was an enthralling days shooting that required a triple countback to separate Victoria and South Australia.
Hopefully we can find a copy of the Teams scoreboard by tomorrow
Rgds
Tony

Return to “Events”