2015 Qld 21-22 March Belmont.city v country

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

plumbs7

Re: 2015 Qld 21-22 March Belmont.city v country

#16 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi Tony , thank you for doing the main report . As per usual it's a top job !

I was sqaudded with some good mates , and some other fine shooters as well!
Josh Reid , Andrew Mac, another plumber Scott Mitchel , ted Long ( 90 yrs ), Gorden Vale(Gold Coast , I'm sorry if ur name is wrong. Not good with names.

The Other Squad had the the cream of Counrty Standard Nick Williams , Norm Cross , Brian Ahern, Dick Blocksledge , Neil Austin and other fine shots I can't remember , sorry!
300yds from memory was
Josh r 60.??
Andy Mac 59.??
Scott M 57.??
Graham Sells 56. ??Can't remember!
Ted long ??
Gold Coast shooter ??

Funniest thing was Ted had stop with 1 shot to go before the heavens opened and cease fire was called!
Next morning Ted had to fire that last shot and had two optional sighters!
Well there was a mixup with our brilliant ( as in good !) wind coach P Hayden as he was waiting for us at the 1000 yd.
So who was going to coach the last shot for Ted?
Well it was decided for rock ,paper , scissors between Andy Mac and myself in which thankfully Andy lost!
Well Ted long was lined up ,the sub wind coach in position. Andy dialled in the wind correction , just before the the shot was pulled , he tweaked it a quater. The whole b country team held their breath. The shot rang out . The board went down and the first sighter was away! The board came back with a centre x !
Needles to say Andy Mac retired straight after that ! There were cheers and celebrations all around in our little team!

Ok , can only tell a little about our team at 1000 yd
My gun was misfiring and week before was blowing primers. ( that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Lol)
Andy Mackillop 55.??/ 60.3 top shot!
Scott Mitchel 55.???/ 50.0 copped a change halfway through!
Josh Reaid 55.??/ 48.?? He's been my mate too long and shot the wrong target!
Graham Sells 53.1/53.1
I'm sorry can't remember the rest!
Josh in state trials shot a 58.?? and bounced back!

I m sorry for a poor report , I've sort of lost interest after the last report I did ! ( I'll get over it!) Muckadilla is next!
Congrats to country as it's been years in F class since we won . Last year we only had Tony in open , no nominated wind coaches and Earnie was on our side to make up numbers ( from memory ) and a couple of silly standard b graders top scored in the country team!
Thank you for City being wonderfull hosts and to all of our wind coaches (very difficult job) and officials on both sides . Regards Graham Dalby/ Tara!

RonM

#17 Postby RonM » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:30 pm

Thank you Tony and Graham - great writeups =D>
Congratulations to all, special mention to Ted L. Man I hope I'm as good as him at his young age =D>
When I hadn't seen any earlier reports I thought maybe the whole thing was called off!
Obviously some great scores under difficult conditions, wish I could have been there to participate - (if Jim B reads this- I was prepping for a motorcycling adventure, going for a week or so - I know he'll be :mrgreen: :) )
Regards,
Ron

ecomeat

#18 Postby ecomeat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:46 am

I am waiting on full details, scores etc, but Country are also very proud of their second team, in both F Open and F Std, and thankful for their participation.

In F Open, Steve Nelson from Beaudesert, Gary Towers from Beaudesert, Dennis Brown from North Arm, Dave Reddan from Toowoomba and Dan Briskey from Crows Nest Goombungee made up our "Red Team" , and were capably Coached by Col Sutton from Goondiwindi. When Col needed to be shooting for the other winning team, Gary Towers stepped in as Coach and did a great job indeed =D> =D>

In F Standard, Country were also very well served by a "Red Team", as Graham wrote. Gordon Vick was the Gold Coast RC shooter that Graham was unsure of. He has moved to Gods Country from Sydney, and we hope he enjoyed this first foray into representative shooting. Welcome aboard Gordon, we hope you will be back again next year :D

Our City cousins were only able to field one team in each discipline, all based at Belmont. It shows the strength and diversity that comes from having all of those smaller, often struggling little country clubs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I think we might have started something re participation, this year, and hope we can keep it going to vastly increase the number of opportunities available for shooters to experience being "Coached" on the mound.

Well done Country , and thank you to John Kielly and Jim Breeze for all of the work that you put in to organising the weekend and keeping it running through trying weather conditions =D> =D> =D>
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Cameron Mc

#19 Postby Cameron Mc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:34 am

Great write up Tony, thank you.
Like you said there was a strong country representation.
Thanks Andrew Pearce our F Open coach.

Cheers Cam

Steve N

#20 Postby Steve N » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:55 am

Yes thanks for the write up Tony and also Graham. Thanks to Col for coaching our team while trying to also shoot in his team.much appreciated. Thoroughly enjoyable event despite the rain. Only negative for me was my new electronic earmuffs got wet and are now always in quiet mode...
Steve.

bartman007

#21 Postby bartman007 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:31 am

Tony, a great post. We used to have the Country vs City in Victoria back in the 90's. A lot of fun, and always satisfying to beat those city slickers :-)

I can't but wonder what has happened at 1000 yards. What affect will it have on shots going down the range, only time will tell?

The mud looks great for mud wrestling, if not a place for pigs to roll around in! Maybe the QRA could arrange a mud wrestling comp for a bit of light entertainment during the Queens series :P
###

Craig McGowan

#22 Postby Craig McGowan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:47 pm

City was robbed I tell ya..........

That Berry bloke kept kicking my foot every time I went to shoot.

Well done to both County Teams. Best of all was catching up with people I don't get to see enough of and have a laugh with them.

Kind Regards,

Craig McGowan.

Cameron Mc

#23 Postby Cameron Mc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:10 pm

bartman007 wrote:The mud looks great for mud wrestling, if not a place for pigs to roll around in! Maybe the QRA could arrange a mud wrestling comp for a bit of light entertainment during the Queens series :P

Gee Mike, you have a good imagination. Could you bring a team of mud wrestlers up from Vic. Not pigs either...... Babes :mrgreen:

Norm

#24 Postby Norm » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Is there a link to the full results yet?

Steve N

#25 Postby Steve N » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:58 pm

QRA website usually gets a pretty good report of events with pics and some results up after a while. Nothing there yet Norm and sometimes takes a few weeks. You checking out some of the opposition?
Steve.

ecomeat

#26 Postby ecomeat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Norm wrote:Is there a link to the full results yet?

Norm,
Nothing on-line on QRA or NRAA websites yet.
I have emailed QRA asking for the full results, including Individual scores, so i can put it up here on ozfclass.com so hopefully might get something within the next day or so. :roll:
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#27 Postby ecomeat » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:25 pm

I have emailed the full results to Alan in Pdf format.....coz i cant work out how to turn them in to Jpegs for use in Photoshop.
As I crashed and burned at 1000 with a load that was quite good at 300 - 700......but which Williada told me would probably run out of legs at 7-800............i am wondering if ...just for old times sake......my mate Alan might remove my results so that noone else can see them ? :oops: :mrgreen: :oops:
I am off out the paddock now, to test something......................

plumbs7

#28 Postby plumbs7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm

plumbs7

#29 Postby plumbs7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:49 pm

plumbs7

#30 Postby plumbs7 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Return to “Events”