Nominations For 2017 FCWC Canada

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

BATattack

Re: Nominations For 2017 FCWC Canada

#16 Postby BATattack » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:24 pm

I submitted my nomination as a shooter shortly after this thread has started through the correct channels of emailing the NRAA office. I also asked in the email for an acknowledgement of receipt and if there was any further information available. I also attached a read receipt to my email. It has been read twice with no written response or acknowledgement of my nomination.

how many others have nominated and had no further correspondence? are there other people who have tried to nominate who's nominations have not been officially recorded?

unfortunately I am now in the process of changing jobs and I'm not sure if the new role will allow me enough time to do the travel and preparation required so I may even have to withdraw hurt before the fun begins :-(

yes agree that captions should have been chosen months ago. direction should have been given to potential team members shortly after as to what expectations / standards they have for shooters and equipment and a information on the mound procedures etc. have all those nominated working towards what you want BEFORE they are selected.

DaveMc

#17 Postby DaveMc » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:29 am

I would just like to make a call for calm please. There is no reason to worry at this stage.

On the contrary - I was pleasantly encouraged at the Brisbane Team shoot, not only on the number of outstanding shooters and coaches coming through but also talking around the ranks I could see there was enough like (and team) minded individuals willing to put up their hand. I came away thinking we will have a real chance again.

THE CALL MUST BE PUT OUT:
ANY OF YOU EVEN HALF THINKING OF GOING TO THE 2017 FCWC AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR TEAM MEMBER, (CAPTAIN,COACH, SHOOTER OR OTHER) PLEASE PUT IN YOUR NOMINATIONS.

As Adam stated above it is hard to know in 2 years time where we will all be re time and money but if you don't have your name in then you cannot make that call later.

WE ARE IN A BETTER STATE OF PREPARATION THAN WE WERE THIS TIME LAST ROUND SO IT CAN BE DONE. TWICE AS MANY SHOOTERS AT A HIGH LEVEL AND COACHING IS ALSO MUCH ADVANCED!

Forget about the fact we haven't named a Captain yet. It is beyond everyones control - There is no alternative now all nominations will be handled together. Nominate now and worry about the rest later - THE CAPTAINS MAY WELL TAKE AN APPROACH THAT IS EASY ON EVERYONES BUDGET??? AND AS WORLD CHAMPIONS WE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SECURING SPONSORSHIP BUT THIS CAN'T BE DONE UNTIL A TEAM IS NAMED.

DOWNLOAD FORM AND SEND IN.
http://www.nraa.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... nation.pdf

bartman007

#18 Postby bartman007 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 am

Good call Dave, let the dust settle and see what comes out of the next 2 months.

I discussed it at a shoot on the weekend, and one of the key problems at the moment is lack of numbers. So regardless of having Captains, if you don't have enough shooters then we'll never get to compete.

So the NRAA have extended the nomination period for all positions to 20th November.

So if you know of someone who would like to travel to Canada and have a go, they can at least put their name in. Over the next 2 years they have the ability to raise their level to that required to compete at National level. And with a good training and development program we should be able to get most shooters up to that level.

If we look at the recent State Teams event, I for one took away 6 new team members that had 6 months worth of development done on them. We achieved a win and a second place overall. I'm sure the other states had to deal with the short time frame too after FTR was announced as an additional discipline.
###

BATattack

#19 Postby BATattack » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:04 pm

DaveMc wrote:I would just like to make a call for calm please. There is no reason to worry at this stage.

On the contrary - I was pleasantly encouraged at the Brisbane Team shoot, not only on the number of outstanding shooters and coaches coming through but also talking around the ranks I could see there was enough like (and team) minded individuals willing to put up their hand. I came away thinking we will have a real chance again.

THE CALL MUST BE PUT OUT:
ANY OF YOU EVEN HALF THINKING OF GOING TO THE 2017 FCWC AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR TEAM MEMBER, (CAPTAIN,COACH, SHOOTER OR OTHER) PLEASE PUT IN YOUR NOMINATIONS.

As Adam stated above it is hard to know in 2 years time where we will all be re time and money but if you don't have your name in then you cannot make that call later.

WE ARE IN A BETTER STATE OF PREPARATION THAN WE WERE THIS TIME LAST ROUND SO IT CAN BE DONE. TWICE AS MANY SHOOTERS AT A HIGH LEVEL AND COACHING IS ALSO MUCH ADVANCED!

Forget about the fact we haven't named a Captain yet. It is beyond everyones control - There is no alternative now all nominations will be handled together. Nominate now and worry about the rest later - THE CAPTAINS MAY WELL TAKE AN APPROACH THAT IS EASY ON EVERYONES BUDGET??? AND AS WORLD CHAMPIONS WE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF SECURING SPONSORSHIP BUT THIS CAN'T BE DONE UNTIL A TEAM IS NAMED.

DOWNLOAD FORM AND SEND IN.
http://www.nraa.com.au/wp-content/uploa ... nation.pdf

yeah agreed. you guys and girls had a very short time period to achieve what you did but doing that would have put a bigger strain on finances and family than some could bare.

There may be some people also holding back as they don't know what is expected of them and may not feel they are up to the task. If someone who was part of the team last year and has an idea / suggestion of what a shooter or coach may be required to bring, have ready, dollar figure or general requirement then possible nominees can decide if they can for fill those requirements. until there is a captain appointed they may be speaking a touch out of school but it will give other potential team members an idea of what they will be in for.

I think it's pretty well know that there are going to be some big shoes to fill if the next team is to equal or better the last.

Linda being in a supervisor/ coordinator position myself at work I can appreciate that sometimes someone just has to make the call. . . . . . . it's not always a democracy when there are time constraints involved and to me it comes down to who's got the biggest shoulders to bear the weight of haters! If you can make 8/10 rite decisions under pressure you're done a good job. . . . hindsight is always 20/20.

Cameron Mc

#20 Postby Cameron Mc » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:37 pm

Good call Dave. There is plenty of time.
Anyone wanting to go and represent Australia put your name in.
If your circumstances change you can always step down.
The number one requirement is wanting to totally commit as a team member. It's no place for "look at me" types!
Send me a pm with ph no. and I will happily discuss what I believe is required.
Just remember our "enemies" are watching this forum.

Cheers
Cam

John T

#21 Postby John T » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 pm

Cameron,
most of this thread to date demonstrates that the only "enemies" we have are ourselves.

The attacks on the NRAA are uninformed and misguided. Can anyone seriously suggest that the Board of the NRAA would obstruct F Open, the only Jewel in its Crown? Au contraire.

What the Board is saying to the F Class community is that WE have failed, over the last 6 months, to put forward enough people from whom it can select Teams which are worthy of representing Australia. As no Captains have been named, it reasonable to assume that the Board has reservations about the nominations before it. It must act responsibly. If Rolf Harris was the only nominee for Captain, should it pick him?

The ball is firmly in OUR court. There are more than a few who can carry the role of Captain. WE need to encourage and cajole them into nominating.

The same applies to Managers, Coachers, Armorers and Shooters.

John T.
15-9-2015.

macguru

#22 Postby macguru » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:37 pm

is it too late to apply to shoot f open ?
id quod est

John T

#23 Postby John T » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Absolutely NOT!

ALL of you, GO FOR IT!

bsouthernau

#24 Postby bsouthernau » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:03 am

macguru wrote:is it too late to apply to shoot f open ?

Nominations for ALL positions in both FO and F/TR remain open until 20 November.

bsouthernau

#25 Postby bsouthernau » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:21 am

John T wrote:... Can anyone seriously suggest that the Board of the NRAA would obstruct F Open, the only Jewel in its Crown? ....

I think Ben Emms put another sparkler on recently - but that's incidental to the main thrust of your post. Those who are calling for calm and more nominations are on the right tram although I have some sympathy with Tony's proposition that the whole process would have been better started earlier.

Barry

John T

#26 Postby John T » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:19 am

Barry,
the TEAM came fourth, again.

AlanF

#27 Postby AlanF » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Quick

#28 Postby Quick » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:44 am

Maybe it would help people if they knew what was expected before they nominate. Say calibre required, rough outline of costs, how often people would need to travel for team training, etc. This info would probably help many decide if they want to nominate.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

Tim N

#29 Postby Tim N » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:06 pm

Might need a captain for some of those answers, so hopefully end of Nov things will be clearer.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Quick

#30 Postby Quick » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Tim, I agree. I think that this needs to stipulated when nominations are called for shooters.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

Return to “Events”