Central Qld Championships at Raglan

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Central Qld Championships at Raglan

#1 Postby ecomeat » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Some great shooting has taken place at Raglan , Central Qld (about 45 mins south of Rockhampton) over two days, and at 300m, 400m, 500m, 2 x 600m, 700m, 800m and 900m.
Mark Fairbairns dream run has continued, with his FTR Grand Agg score of 477-37 a full 3 points ahead of the best in F Open, and 17 pts clear of FTR second placegetter, Mike Samuels from Beaudesert, and three others behind Mike.

In F Open, a ding-dong battle saw the medal and the money go to Dave Stewart (474-44) , from his Herberton Clubmate Peter Smith (470-45), with Beaudesert's Gary Towers third (468-30) and Kelvin "Arigato" Bell 4th (468-26), with another 6 shooters keeping them honest for the two days.
The Herberton boys both finished Day 1 equal in front on 239-28 , so long, looooong distance travel , and dodging cyclones clearly doesnt have any negative effect on their shooting. =D>

In F Std A, another great performance from Nick Williamson (472-35) gave him first place, from Kevin Chatfield down from Ravenshoe (466-30) then Jim Blomfield (466-27), with Brian Ahern in 4th (465-44). Nine other shooters completed the strong A Grade field.

In F Std B, my Beaudesert Clubmate Shirlene Towers took the win with 450-19 , and is starting to endanger her B Grade ranking. Second to Margy Kerlin from Clermont (448-13), with Joe Spiteri from Sarina in 3rd, and a total field of 7

The shooting has a long way to go at Raglan, with the Palma Match tomorrow in all disciplines, with 15 shot matches at 800m and 900m.
Tuesday is a lay day/practise day, followed by the Match Rifle and Long Range F Class events on Wednesday and Thursday , being 15 shot matches at 2 x 900m, 2 x 1000m and 2 x 1100m
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Cameron Mc

Re: Central Qld Championships at Raglan

#2 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:56 pm

Thanks for the report Tony.
I reckon "Mario" would be pleased with himself, but still whinging :mrgreen:

Cam

Tim L

#3 Postby Tim L » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:00 pm

Are the wheels ever going to fall off that Fairbairn bus :shock:

More great shooting Mark, keep it up mate =D>

bsouthernau

#4 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:47 am

Are the sandflies hungry?

Josh Cox

#5 Postby Josh Cox » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:08 am

Chris got beaten by the Mrs again,,,,,, :) .

ShaneG

#6 Postby ShaneG » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:25 pm

I know that feeling and so does Cam!
Well done Betta - first big comp off bipod?
Shane
PS you are a bloody stirrer Josh but good to see you are keeping tabs on the F/TR scores!!!
You know that is where the real competition will be!!
Maybe Vicki and I should talk with your wife about her taking up F/TR?!!

Josh Cox

#7 Postby Josh Cox » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:40 pm

I know that feeling and so does Cam!

Look Shane, being beaten by the Mrs, I stopped going to those kind of clubs years ago.

If my wife took up shooting she would join the long list of shooters that would give me a whooping on the weekends, and we can't have that.

Looks like Gareth also got beaten by the Mrs, good job Jenny, and Daughter beat Dad, good one Margy.

Looks like the ladies are leading the sport, very exciting.

ecomeat

#8 Postby ecomeat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:53 pm

Havent seen any scores yet, but a photo on the Raglan FB page shows the Winners of the 4 disciplines in today's Palma Match as
FTR - Mark Fairbairn
F Open - Meichelle Knudsen
F Std - Ernie Mace
Full Bore - Rod Prayle
=D> =D> =D>
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#9 Postby ecomeat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:51 pm

A photo on the Raglan Target Sports FB page titled "Winners of the CQ Long Range and match Rifle Championships" shows the winners as
FTR : Yep....he did it again. Wild Dog.
FO : Pete Smith
match Rifle Open : John Kielly .....the CRO at Belmont who is sort of addicted to this genuine lR game !
Great shooting guys !! =D> =D> =D>

A second photo just posted includes the Runners Up as well, with Mike Samuels from Beaudesert RC, Joe Koch from Monto RC , and another gentlemen that I can't name but I suspect he is a North Qlder.

bsouthernau

#10 Postby bsouthernau » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:08 pm

ecomeat wrote:match Rifle Open : John Kielly .....the CRO at Belmont who is sort of addicted to this genuine lR game !

As are we all who give it a go.

ecomeat wrote:A second photo just posted includes the Runners Up as well, with Mike Samuels from Beaudesert RC, Joe Koch from Monto RC , and another gentlemen that I can't name but I suspect he is a North Qlder.

I don't recognise him either so he probably is.

Barry

Return to “Events”