West Broken Hill OPM

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Lynn Otto

West Broken Hill OPM

#1 Postby Lynn Otto » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:57 pm

Hi everyone

This is a campaign to drum up support for this event.

There is/will be a listing on the events page, check it out.

It's on the 23rd and 24th of July 2005

The story is this:

This club, like others in SA have been burnt in the past by people not
turning up when they've said they will. So, at this stage it will be standard targets and only F Class, not separated. Depending on numbers this may change.

We are attempting to get that situation remedied but need F Class shooters to support these clubs that are trying to support us.

This is not an F Class club, so we need them to see we are serious. So
while they are not offering an ideal situation for F Class shooters we need people to turn up and change their perceptions. They are happy to accomadate us if we can produce the numbers. We felt Broken Hill is proabably achievable to a number of shooters in NSW and VIC as well as SA.

So come on people book yourselves a weekend away with two days of shooting and support this club that's trying to support us.

Hope to see some faces to go with names

Let me know if you can be there, if you're serious

Lynn Otto

Tony Q

#2 Postby Tony Q » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:47 am

Hi Lynn

You know i support F Class wherever i can, Mel and I have shot most SA opm's and some with only 1 class. We have driven hundreds of K's and spent hundreds of dollars doing this.

Im getting a bit fed up with this 1 class attitude some of these clubs have, an extra badge costs NOTHING in real terms, but it could mean quite a bit in actuall turnout.

I would not expect any Std shooter would go to a 2 day shoot several hundred k's away and spend a few hundred bucks to only compete in 1 class. The odds are stacked against them from the beginnig.

Yes, i could load my Std weight 308 with 185vld's and wind the trigger down to 2 oz, but its still not going to cut the grass against the 6.5 heavier open rifles.

A one day localish shoot sure, but these clubs MUST understand if they want the numbers they MUST be part of the solution.
MBRC F-Class standard ... and proud of it!

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:52 pm

Hi Tony I appreciate your concerns and that you do attend most of the shoots. The cost factor is a very real one, remember we have three family members shooting, I understand this. The fact is this club is not an F Class club and they attempted to do the right thing in the past and did not recieve the expected support from F Class. This is an exercise in attempting to rebuild their confidence in us as a class, again it becomes a numbers issues.

Lynn Otto

Return to “Events”