Bundy opm

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Re: Bundy opm

#16 Postby ecomeat » Sat May 30, 2015 1:53 pm

Love it.
Keep em coming. =D>
Assume it was fairly mild at the 300 ?
Belmont was very benign for our Teams practice this morning, so hope it's a bit more exciting where you are !
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#17 Postby ecomeat » Sat May 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Nothing up on NRAA site yet....2-15pm
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

shooter mcreid

#18 Postby shooter mcreid » Sat May 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Geez Dennis is in great form at the moment, looks like Graham's new Pseco is working a treat.

plumbs7

#19 Postby plumbs7 » Sat May 30, 2015 5:25 pm

plumbs7

#20 Postby plumbs7 » Sat May 30, 2015 5:31 pm

300 yd

Amac

#21 Postby Amac » Sun May 31, 2015 7:49 am

Hi all

Quick range report this morning. Conditions at the moment look sensational. Not a hint of anything other than some good excuses for yesterday's form. Should expect to see some cchanges coming through in a few hours.

Mr Dewhurst had a late one with the turkey last night so will see if he can maintain the red hot form from yesterday.

Graham Sells is looking to maintain his lead too in f standard.

1 competitor for ftr today. At least it's a start.

Cheers from Bundaberg

plumbs7

#22 Postby plumbs7 » Sun May 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Brendens 90.7 at 800yds

And beat me again !

He fell over at 900 as did I . Very twitchy conditions . Was a little my fault with Brendan's 900 score !

plumbs7

#23 Postby plumbs7 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks Andrew for master chefing and cooking up us all a storm. Also to the rest of the Bundy club for putting on a wonderful OPM . Also to the Naval Cadets for doing a brilliant job pulling targets !

Regards Graham Sells.

Steve N

#24 Postby Steve N » Sun May 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Yes a brilliant opm put on by the Bundaberg Burnett club. A great weekend! Congratulations to Craig on a great shoot and to Graham Micham for a solid second place in FO. Very well done to Sellsy for a close first over the evergreen Brian Pickles in FS and to interstate visitor Peter Casley who took out third. Just behind peter in fourth was my clubmate Shirl Towers who did a great job after her promotion from FB. =D>
Steve
Last edited by Steve N on Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

DenisA

#25 Postby DenisA » Sun May 31, 2015 10:33 pm

Bundaberg Burnett OPM is officially my favourite OPM of the year. The reason is the conviction of the club members, the effort they go to in bending over backwards for their guest. Amac is absolutely a MASTER CHEF in my opinion. He showed so much concern in making sure that everyone was really well fed and impressed with what he dished up. He's proud of his food skills and should be too. I heard the rumours and now I've seen the proof. He can shoot too! :lol: Special thanks to Andrew, Di, Kate, Morey, Ken and all the other members who made this weekend happen. =D>

The range was looking BEAUTIFUL. Conditions were very light on the first day and non existent for the first few shooters down. The second day, with 800 and 900 in 15 shot matches started out lightish and manageable, but by the start of 900 we were contending with mostly left flags regularly paired with right mirage, boils then direction changes and back, 6:00 gusts and fish tails that were causing .5 moa + vertical and then the patchy cloud regularly throwing shade over the targets which would obviously also cause a minimum .5 moa increase in vertical. Rarely a condition that lasted longer than a turn of the target.

I got destroyed but thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe that's what bondage is like :lol:

Congratulations to all the members of Bundaberg-Burnett RC, the winners including (sensational shoot Craig) and all the competitors.

It was fantastic to catch up with all the usual people too. One of things I appreciate mostly about this game are the kind people, their genuine personalities and the friends that we make and keep meeting up with around the traps. It was great to see everyone.

This will be the first OPM on my calendar for 2016.

AlanF

#26 Postby AlanF » Sun May 31, 2015 10:37 pm

Some great scores there. Thanks for the photos and very well done Graham - first win? And what about Craig McGowan, just 2 points down at the shorts, and cleaned the longs - sounds like a Bartlein!

williada

#27 Postby williada » Sun May 31, 2015 11:29 pm

Well done Craig. =D>

ecomeat

#28 Postby ecomeat » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:56 am

AlanF wrote:Some great scores there. Thanks for the photos and very well done Graham - first win? And what about Craig McGowan, just 2 points down at the shorts, and cleaned the longs - sounds like a Bartlein!

The problem for the rest of the F Open shooters in this part of the world .......actually there are a few problems we have with McGowan.....are:
1) it doesn't seem to matter a hoot whether it is a Bartlein or a Maddco he is shooting :shock:
2) he will always have a vault room full of Bartlein's to choose from in future. :shock:
3) unlike the rest of us who have to shoot every week to maintain any sort of form, he seems to be able to take life easy, come off the grass with very little practice and still win :shock:
Well done McGoo =D>
I haven't been to the Bundaberg-Burnett OPM for two years unfortunately ......too busy last year and compulsory Teams practice this time....but I raved about it two years ago as well. Extraordinary hospitality is "the norm" up there.....along with some of the best sponsorship that I have ever seen.
Congratulations to Graham Sells on his win in F Std A. That's a very quick return on your money spent with PSECO !

plumbs7

#29 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:35 am

Thanks Allan and Tony . I was very lucky at 900 as with a 15 shot match and winds that flick from left to right . My brain had a minor meltdown after the 11 th shot and I lost my way!

The " Blue Wale" seems to be able to drill the x ring at will with 30 x's .

Congrats to my Son Brenden shooting " black betty" to get a 90.7 at 800 and also his first 2 nd in B Grade and beat me a couple of times at 600 and 800. This is 2 nd prize meet! He will have a break as I've learnt with my oldest son not to push them ! (Hopefully one day my oldest son will come back and wop us all!).

Will be back next year and looks like I'll be at the Nats . So see you all there!
Regards Graham.
Last edited by plumbs7 on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DaveB

#30 Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:54 am

Great photos, Denis. A top weekend with tough competition, a well run shoot. I'll be back.

Return to “Events”