Bundy opm

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Norm

Re: Bundy opm

#31 Postby Norm » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:57 am

Well done to all the winners and those that gave them a run for their money!
Well done Steve on a good solid performance in F-Open. Your getting better all the time. =D>

scott/r

#32 Postby scott/r » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:07 am

I had an awesome weekend as well. A great range and even better people. Even my young bloke wants to shoot there next year. He was just a spectator this year .

Amac

#33 Postby Amac » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi All

Thanks to all for some wonderful comments on the weekend. From a club perspective it is a great success. We aim to provide all competitors with a decent experience from the event. We recognise that some travel considerable distance to attend and as such we should be hospital enough to return the effort placed into getting there.

Some really good shooting on the weekend. Craig McGowan's effort to haul in Phil Dewhurst was something to behold. Look out when I get the "tricked up" Savage going though as it was trading blow for blow with Craig on the 900 yard line (Tony the 51.2 gr load works a treat 10 thou jammed). And no Dennis you can't have it!!

Also a big congrats to Graham Sells in F Standard A for his win. Although he spent most of the morning apologising to all and sundry after doing the jig on the 800 yard mound following young Brendan's 90.....FYI - according to Graham it would be important not to stop in Tara as he likened it to Inala (a suburb in Brisbane with an unenviable reputation for its local citizens) - henceforth Graham and Brendan are from the Dalby club!

Sadly though my shooting on the weekend was a bit below par - you can really appreciate the efforts required to make a good event work for all participants. I for one will be a lot more helpful at other events to assist those if they are shooting too - I won't be in the kitchen though (reserved only for Bundy events).

I would like to acknowledge a few of our sponsors for the weekend as it was outlined in a previous post that we are well sponsored and this year was no exception.

Our major sponsor was FNQ Security - located in Bundaberg. They provide traffic services and alike. The Caltex at Apple Tree Creek also provided a significant amount of product and gift vouchers for prize winners - owned and operated by Darren Enslin and Gillian Webb Enslin of Target Rifle fame.

We also had Bundaberg Camping, Outdoor and Disposal provide gift certificates for prize winners. Located in Bundaberg they offer a range of camping and shooting related items. Phone orders welcome and I am also happy to cart around people's orders if I'm heading in your direction.

Another cash sponsor was R W Pascoe in the Brisbane Markets. They have the pleasure of selling the products I produce here on the farm and were happy to donate to the cause.

The Q Store also provided a lucky door prize - won by Darren Enslin.

A big thank of course to Craig McGowan for his assistance with sponsorship of the raffle. A beautiful Bartlein barrel was raffled for the club and was won by Darren Enslin also. No doubt he will get some projectiles to push through that new barrel.

And before the comments come in - yes - I was nearly asleep before I was rudely awoken by Mr Aarons on the 900 yard mound prior to getting my shoot underway.

Once again thanks to all competitors for making your way to our little range for a great weekend. See you all next year I hope.

Cheers Andrew

plumbs7

#34 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:16 pm

My Apologies to Tara people and Julie ( I'll be in trouble)! I luvs ya all! :oops: #-o

I must have been very drunk lol when I said that !

Return to “Events”