St Arnaud Comp

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

MCLE

St Arnaud Comp

#1 Postby MCLE » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:37 am

Well another fun Comp at St Arnaud. A little bit cold in the mornings but warmed up as the days went on.The boys in the Club hut kept the BBQ running and the food was warm and fantastic. The home made soup was fantastic I know this as I had most of it.
There was a tricky wind picking up and dropping off but some good scores.
Not a bad turn up. PMs like these are a heap of fun with lots of frendly Banter. One of our top Fopen shooters has found a way to get a lot more Barrel life out of he's FO rifle. You turn up with everything needed except Primers.. This gives you much longer barrel life :D
TR 17
F Class 30

bartman007

Re: St Arnaud Comp

#2 Postby bartman007 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:33 am

It was a well run event, with excellent prizes for Daily Agg's and the 2 day Agg's. Well done on running a great shoot.

Congrats to those who managed to tame those tricky winds, it was surprising at times where the spotter appeared :oops:

Good to see that Liam gave you a go this time. He probably felt it would be a long walk home from St.Arnaud :)

As for Trevor's fine work, I beleive he is testing different scenario's to see what works and what doesn't. No primer -> No Bang.
###

Trevor Rhodes

#3 Postby Trevor Rhodes » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:16 pm

There were only one row of unprimed cases and the old saying goes "there are those that have gone to a range and found unprimed bullets in their box and there are those that have not done it yet''.

DannyS

#4 Postby DannyS » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:26 pm

Yep, it was a very good weekend, well run PM. Trevor and Maurie did a great job as Range Officers. Lot of good natured stirring behind the firing line.

Nice of Liam to let his old man beat him, also good of Liam to let F Standard beat him.

Thank you Bartman for only turning up on one day and again allowing me to take the two day agg.

Cheers
Danny
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

MCLE

#5 Postby MCLE » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi Danny
Your right it was a heap of fun a good PM.

DannyS

#6 Postby DannyS » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:02 pm

To those that didn't turn up, your loss, bloody great weekend. Thanks No 2 DRA and St Arnaud Rifle Club.
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

bartman007

#7 Postby bartman007 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Thank you Bartman for only turning up on one day and again allowing me to take the two day agg.

I think we are both lucky that Jenny Davies didn't turn up this year. That way we both had a win :)

Alas the 308 has to go back in the safe for another few months. Got to practise F Open for the next 2 months to ensure we are good for the Brisbane shoot.

Cheers, and enjoy the next few months.
###

Return to “Events”