QRA Queens..

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tim N

Re: QRA Queens..

#151 Postby Tim N » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:47 am

Hi All,
Sunday morning, there's a gentle breeze drifting through and some clouds are coming over- must be the last day of the queens :(
After checking my spot on the leader board I'm trying to remember how many skaters were in front of Steve Bradbury before he won the gold???
Good luck to all
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

RDavies

#152 Postby RDavies » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:47 am

They took a vote and will have squadding today for the final 900 and 1000yds. At ranges like Belmont where when you get down dictates how you score, this is a good thing. I hope they do squadding for more days next year.

AlanF

#153 Postby AlanF » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:50 am

Tim N wrote:...After checking my spot on the leader board I'm trying to remember how many skaters were in front of Steve Bradbury before he won the gold???...

G get 'em Tim :lol: =D>

AlanF

#154 Postby AlanF » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:55 am

RDavies wrote:...I hope they do squadding for more days next year.

If they've improved the issue with delays, then I'm all for it at major events.

Have a good one Rod.

ecomeat

#155 Postby ecomeat » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:21 am

900 down.
Lowell still zero
Cam just shot a 60-9 and was pretty much the best shoot I have ever seen at Belmont, using his SAUM.
So......
Tillack 0
Davies and Smith 4
Nugent and McGowan 5
Bob Ped6
Paroz, Krake 7
phil Bonaventura 8
Pohl, Julie McEwan 9
Stuart Braund, Ray Hurley, Me, Meichelle Knudsen , Cam McEwan 10
De La Rue, Ferrara, Waites, Josh Reid 11
Overcast, fresh winds from 1 to 3 o'clock. I had 3 1/2 MOA on at 900, looks similar. Should be underway in 15-20 mins
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

plumbs7

#156 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:49 am

Just adding to the others. Thanks Tony for the updates . I'm a little sad that I'm at home and I'm missing the real Nationals. Have fun everyone ! Regards Graham.

RDavies

#157 Postby RDavies » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:23 am

Congratulations to Lowell Tillick for an awesome win in F open, only dropping one point at 1000yds and one point for the whole Queens. He better be chaired in.

AlanF

#158 Postby AlanF » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:47 am

Great performances also by you and others Rod. This will happen more in these bigger fields where there's sure to be someone having a real blinder. This Queens it was Lowell, and good on him =D> =D> . Will be interesting to see how the other classes end up.

Brad Y

#159 Postby Brad Y » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Sterling effort. One point in a queens... =D> =D> =D>

Well done to all who participated.

AlanF

#160 Postby AlanF » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Looks like there were some other first-time Queens winners, Kevin Chatfield and Di Jonker in F-Std A and B respectively, and an F/TR shooter who is back to the top of his game in Daryl Barlow. Well done to all =D> =D> =D> - no trivial task in field sizes that big.

Tim N

#161 Postby Tim N » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi All,
A big Thank you to all competitors for making the event an extremely enjoyable one!
The "Steve Bradbury" come from behind didn't happen this year :(
But there's always next year :)
After Tony B gets home, cleans the guns and has a week off, we might see an equipment list.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Josh Cox

#162 Postby Josh Cox » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:00 am

It was great to see the guys shooting the old .303's at the queens, there were about a dozen of them, perhaps this is something we should do at our OPMs, invite the .303 shooters into their own class of competition.

ecomeat

#163 Postby ecomeat » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:42 am

Tim N wrote:But there's always next year :)
After Tony B gets home, cleans the guns and has a week off, we might see an equipment list.

I just need a couple of therapy sessions first with some counselling,to help with my mental recovery.
Two silver medals at 900, followed by disasters of 51-0 and a 53-2 at 1000, both times.
That was in line with the NRAA Queens where I won the last 900 and followed it up with last place and 51-1 at 1000 #-o :oops: #-o
I think I need to spend more time at Belmont :idea:
Thanks to Tim, Josh Reid and Brent Noble for helping to collect all of the Equipment details. I hope to have it finished in the next 24 hrs.
I have to agree with Tim, that it was a very enjoyable event. There was a terrific atmosphere and cameraderie amongst all of the shooters. QRA didn't take the squadding very seriously, with a couple of half hearted efforts and a few confused people wandering around. We need Fairbairn and Catherine Berry to put em on the right track with that :D
It will be interesting to see the outcome of some statistical research that our broken down CRO John Kielly is doing, with QRA's blessing, looking at the scores shot at 800, 900 and 1000 yards in major events.....on the LEFT side.....versus the RIGHT side. God knows how any results might be fitted in to the final squadding arrangements down the track but it's good that it's being looked at. Apparently its a statistically significant advantage to be on the Left , especially at the final 1000 later in the morning.
It didn't seem to make much difference to Cam McEwan who shot most of his 60-3 while I was getting flogged laying right beside him over the right hand side in the Target 30's :shock: :shock: :shock:
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

BATattack

#164 Postby BATattack » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:16 am

Well its all done and dusted! it was a great event and an opportunity to meet those that I've heard a lot about and catch up with the ones I hadn't seen in a while.

I was hoping to crack the top 10 but after some erratic accuracy in the teams and leadup and a hang fire at 900 I was bloody happy to make a badge! though it was my bolt but now thinking primers may be the issue.

competition was fierce particularly at the shorts . . . . drop a point and I'll see you around 30th!

i have yo take my hat off to Lowell. . . amazing shooting would be an understatement. The conditions were there to shoot 60s BUT you had to be in the ball all the time AND back it up by having your gear perfect. Lowell managed both and held his nerve all the way through to bring it home in the end. very well done!

williada

#165 Postby williada » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:01 pm

We have seen a lot of mini battles, like Footsore and Norm, Greeny and Mahon with a few bragging rights established. It makes for great entertainment for those looking on. Tony, you sure have done a power of work as well as your assistants. The sport can only be the better for it. At the pointy end, Lowell has been simply brilliant and the usual people have kept the pressure right on. This event will stand as a lighthouse for others to follow. =D> =D> =D>

Return to “Events”