US F Class Nationals

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

US F Class Nationals

#1 Postby ecomeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:23 pm

The US F Class Nationals are two days into the "mid range" stage.
Daryl Barlow, Mark Fairbairn, Shane Green and Vicki Cusick have all gone over to compete and are waving the flag pretty damned well.
I will try to copy some photos over from Facebook, where James Croft has been helping our "non technical" pair of twins by sticking some of his p0hotos on an Aussie FB page.
After Day two, Daryl is still sitting in second place to Bryan Litz in the "Master" Category. Their scores would have had them in First and Third place respectively in the High Master category, so they are going really well.
Mark shot an X on the wrong target on Day one, to finish in 10th place, one placing behind Crofts. If he had not had the ten point "miss" he would have sat in Second and relegated Daryl to third.

After Day two today, its still Litz in 1st , Barlow in 2nd, and Fairbairn has pulled his way up to 6th. That was after the Days agg saw Litz in 2nd, Fairbairn 4th and Barlow in 5th.
These two are obviously going to be at the pointy end when it counts =D> =D>
I cant see Shane or Vicki listed on the photos, so assume they havent had any luck at or, more likely they will only be shooting the Long Range event
Last edited by ecomeat on Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

Re: US F Class Nationals

#2 Postby ecomeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:27 pm

This was the Day 1 result
Last edited by ecomeat on Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

#3 Postby ecomeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Day 2 results see our photographer, James Crofts upgraded to High Master, with Fairbairn and Barlow right in there

ecomeat

#4 Postby ecomeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:31 pm

And the Progressive totals.....sorry about the fine print. I had to drag some glasses out to read it too.

ecomeat

#5 Postby ecomeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:35 pm

This is the F Open board after Day 2

ecomeat

#6 Postby ecomeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:56 pm

This must be an old file photo, coz apparently the range itself is (or at least was) very very wet. It sure is flat out there in the desert !

bartman007

#7 Postby bartman007 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:54 pm

So it looks like the Big Fella made it over for a spot of shooting.

Good to see Mark was doing so well =D> =D> =D>
###

ShaneG

#8 Postby ShaneG » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:36 pm

G'Day all from Arizona
Vicki and I have been here for a few days already but not into the shorts plus other bucket list priorities!
Google Big Sandy Arizona for one! Ask Vicki about Mama Duece next time you see her?
Went to range today and saw Mark and Darryl plus checked facility out and did wind zeros again.
Some very good shooters here but long range attendance will double for the long range event.
Zero at 1000 on Tuesday arvo then 4 days at 1000 yards - the business.
Expected attendance 300+
Open flag range with berms along both sides with poly flags over reading.
Seems to be a US anomaly - all ranges using light poly flags?

Had some extreme weather - local practise range in New Mexico rained out, then Texas 2 day 1000 yard match cancelled due to weather!

Too technically challenged to post photos? Maybe Vick can work it out?
Or I can email to someone?
As with all shooters worldwide - everyone we have met has been helpful and accomodating.
Cheers
Shane

ecomeat

#9 Postby ecomeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Good to know you are safely there and ready to go , Shane.
Email any photos to me at ecomeat@ozemail.com.au and i will happily stick them on here. To post a photo to ozfclass you have to use an image hosting thingamy like photobucket.com and then "copy" their link over.......so you are actually posting a Photobucket "link" when you add it to the white text box where you type any message to do a post. Then it magically appears as a photo once you hit the Submit button. Its simple enough sitting at a PC or laptop but a real pain in the a$$e to try to do from an Ipad or a smartphone.

ecomeat

#10 Postby ecomeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Barlow's 20 shots at one of the 600's today

Its meant to be a Daryl Barlow photo of him clearing the mound. No sign of Daryl :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but the muddy water just behind the mound gives an idea of how wet it must be , out there in the desert.

Tim N

#11 Postby Tim N » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:24 am

Judging by the black F Class gun in the back ground Matt Paroz must be there too?
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

ecomeat

#12 Postby ecomeat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 am

Seems "semi official" that the results are in, with Bryan Litz winning the FTR US National Mid Range Championship
Our boys did really well, and shooting in the Master Category Mark Fairbairn was 5th and Daryl Barlow just one point behind in 6th place.
Still dont fully understand their Gradings, but Litzs "Master" category score of 1782-96 (same Grade as MF & DB) was higher than
the winner of the High Master Category.
2014 US National FTR Champ James Crofts 2nd Place score in High Master would have seen him split Mark and Daryl on the scoreborard, so very well done to our two =D> =D> =D> . They can have a quiet drink tonight now that they have graced the podium on their warm up, and will no doubt be really looking forward to shooting 3 days straight at 1000 yards.
They are also both shooting for "Team Virginia" in the Teams event, which is probably on about right now...i think.

ecomeat

#13 Postby ecomeat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:02 am

The US Mid Range Championship in F Open has gone to John Myers, with the photo stolen from Speedy Gonzales post.
Pretty good effort to only drop 6 pts out of 1800 =D> =D> If he can keep that up he will be right up there with Lowell Tillack's recent performance :lol:

ecomeat

#14 Postby ecomeat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:26 am

Daryl must be saving his Australian shirt for the Long Range event......and forgot to pack sock, maybe :D
Thanks to James Crofts for the photos !

ecomeat

#15 Postby ecomeat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:19 pm

Copying over a comment from Daryl on a SE Qld Facebook page to share it : a very positive plug for the new SEB rear bag. It's bloody terrific when a world class manufacturer like Seb actually listens to those who use his gear, and makes the requested change. This was suggested to him ( begged !) at the 2014 QRA Queens, and one year later Daryl is using one successfully in the US FTR Nationals !

Tony something to note is they are 20 shot matches with 2 none transferable sighters. So think 126 shooting 3 times a day for 3 days to be in the money. by the way your mate James Croft got in between us (mark and I) putting me back to 7th. It was a tuff day. with a slight laps hitting me hard at 500. the other big difference is you do not get to watch other shooters as you are either scoring or down pulling targets. The new seb/mayers bags are fantastic. Now the competition goes up another level with the likes of tea Sinclair and others arriving today, to shoot the teams tomorrow. Very fun and draining. I was hoping to do better as this is my last time.

Return to “Events”