Canberra Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Cameron Mc

Re: Canberra Queens

#31 Postby Cameron Mc » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Norm wrote:So that's what the super X is used for.
Well done. =D>

I reckon there will be a "super super" soon.
Unless of course we went to Ten Rings :shock: [-X :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Chopper

#32 Postby Chopper » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:52 pm

the ssx might be worth a bash , I wonder who would have won today ?? :?: :lol: the bloke with the most x,s ? Chop Well done to all .

TOM

#33 Postby TOM » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:20 am

Not much banter on Canberra--where is Tony?

scott/r

#34 Postby scott/r » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:35 am

I dare say that most of the guys are to busy drying their gear out for the next day to have a chance to to talk to us.
Either that or the beer is tasting really good this year. :D

John S

#35 Postby John S » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Congratulations to all the Queens winners.

Great win to Geoff Willis in F Class Std A, Bondy second and Rick Singleton 3rd!

In F Class Std B my mate Joseph Jason 3rd! I thought Canberra was too hard for you mate!

John Maguire, a grass hopper 2nd for TR C grade! Peter Thurtell, TR A grade great win.

Rod Davies - 1st F Class Open - another win to this fellow, how does he do it??

Great wins for NSW!!

Cheers

John S

Cameron Mc

#36 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:03 pm

John S wrote:Rod Davies - 1st F Class Open - another win to this fellow, how does he do it??

Cheers

John S

Well done Rod. I am sure he kept his fluid level at the high mark to maximise his performance :D =D>

Well done all

John S

#37 Postby John S » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:13 pm

..........so hydration is the secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ecomeat

#38 Postby ecomeat » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:14 pm

Well done Rod Davies. it sure looks to have been a grand battle at the "pointy end" and old "Mr Reliable" held it all together and came home well to win from a quality "pack". Ratshot would have certainly made him earn it today.
Likewise a big congratulations to Geoff Willis, getting home over a strong field in F Std A, and to Liz Wilson for another strong performance to take Std B Grade.
And how about the "lead all the way" job by the local Anthony Pedersen in FTR. ? Bloody good job .
Well done to all for braving the rain, wind and the bars =D> =D>
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Chopper

#39 Postby Chopper » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Well done Rod, and well done Ratman for pushing that bastard to hard work =D> Chop

Elwood

#40 Postby Elwood » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Congratulations Rod, no longer the bridesmaid :wink:

RDavies

#41 Postby RDavies » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanks for the kind comments.
Yes it was a close one this year, with Ratshot (Paul Deehan) leading up until my Bartlein SAUM took helped me take advantage of a rare spell of decent conditions in the final range. If we had been squadded it might have turned out different. The points gap between the top 10 shooters is getting closer all the time, with a lost point dropping you far down the board, whether you are in F std, F Open or F/TR.
It was the wettest Queens I have been to with rain the whole time except a slight reprieve at the end, with wet heavy flags and no mirage making it difficult to read conditions in Canberra's often switchy winds.
Now it is time to kick back and do family things for a few months while Matt Paroz gives my guns the end of season freshen up.

DaveMc

#42 Postby DaveMc » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:24 am

Congratulations to all the winners again. =D> =D>

Awesome display once again Rod - capping off a brilliant year. With the quality of the fields we have had this year it is very impressive . =D> =D>

Tim N

#43 Postby Tim N » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:51 am

Well done Rod....again!
Interesting that Paul used a 6 Dasher all the way to great effect.
Conditions were a lottery and everyone had a dose at some point.
Another great event.
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

AlanF

#44 Postby AlanF » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:35 am

Great win by Rod in F-Open. He just hung on in there, and in the end his all-round package of skills and equipment got him over the line. Paul Deehan didn't drop a shot till late Saturday and really looked the business for most of the shoot- amazing accuracy from his Dasher. Congrats to other winners also - I got myself into a sort of sleep deprivation stupor for most of it, and combined with loss of internet access didn't keep in touch with the other classes. Still don't know who won A-grade :D. My overall impression is that equipment accuracy standards are rising throughout F-Class - even the most unlikely battlers were getting some very good scores.

bartman007

#45 Postby bartman007 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:42 am

Well done to all the winners. This year was another set of conditions different to the previous 2 years! Canberra never giving us an easy go at it.

I was fortunate to be on Paul's target, and was impressed with how he drove the Dasher. He showed he had a good handle on the changes, as there was a number of times I thought he'd be out, and he just held it in there :!: Brilliant job with the 1 gun =D>
###

Return to “Events”