Options for New National Teams Format

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ShaneG

Re: Options for New National Teams Format

#16 Postby ShaneG » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:55 am

This is all practise for the logistics of attending a World shoot.
The Individual World Shoot is contested prior to the Teams.
We all had to reload at some stage as per the 5kg flying limit making it impossible not to?

It is the beginning of thinking about managing barrel round count; cleaning regime and personal fitness - both mentally and physically.
Long days repeated, long shot strings and sometimes long mound attendance are all required.

God help us if the airlines apply the sam ruling as the Spirit of Tasmania!!!???

I realise that FO and F/TR will be different ballistically especially SAUM etc.
And we had similar within even the F/TR team last time with a fruit salad of projectiles being used.

But at least the combined teams would give the coaches communication practise.
We could still run the separate awards as the point is all teams should have the same advantage?

Shane
Last edited by ShaneG on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Josh Cox

#17 Postby Josh Cox » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Quick

#18 Postby Quick » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm from WA and have to travel very far to attend a Teams match. I flew over last year for the Teams and only competing for 1 day and a range made me think was it worth it. Now it is as I also shot the MDRA OPM on the Sunday so that helped. We reload nearly no matter what when we fly interstate for a shoot so thats not an issue for me. But I flew along way to shoot only 99rds in competition. I couldn't stay for the QRA Queens as I couldnt afford it.

I can understand the issues with coaching for a combined team. In that case keep them separate but im all for a decent length program. Tassie was good as it allowed 3 days and wasn't rushed.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

bobped

#19 Postby bobped » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:11 pm

Please remember everyone, its no good just voicing your opinion on this forum. The NRAA have asked each State Association to debate this and come back with a reply from each State by the end of June. People need to get in touch with their local State Council (or Board) member and voice their opinions. That's how it works and how you can influence things. Better still get elected to those various Councils/Boards. F Class now represents about 35%-40% of membership and you can have an influence that way.
As far as the format of the matches, at the last F Class Teams at Belmont we had 21 teams competing (plus 2 from NZ). Belmont could cater for 23 Teams. Some States can't. At the previous Teams Matches in Tassie in 2014 there were not enough targets to cater for all teams at once and the present teams format had to be extended to 3 days to get through the program, and that was without FTR being added at the time.
If every State and Territory eventually fields all 3 disciplines we could possibly have 27 teams.

We need to factor this sort of stuff into our thinking.
Please don't tell me that we should simply give F Standard the flick, becauce they still make up 60% of F Class Shooters.

ShaneG

#20 Postby ShaneG » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:09 am

Hello Bob
I put up a proposal on this forum early October asking just that.
That if people were in agreement with changing the National F Class Team format to align with the World competition then they should push through the proper channels.
Following on from what Gordon Duncan mentioned at the dinner at Brisbane in August.
The very least in my opinion is to align the ranges competed and rounds fired to the international competition.

Obviously I put my proposal through our delegate to NQRA and my guess is that at least some others did the same for further comments on the proposals to be asked for?

I certainly agitated for a change and chewed a few ears during the QRA Queens.

And you are certainly right about added representation for F Class at all levels above the clubs.
At the very least to break down some of your work load as our National representative.
As with most voluntary work the bulk goes unseen and unthanked in the majority of cases.
Cheers
Shane

Jase PTRC

#21 Postby Jase PTRC » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:39 am

At the NRAA Board Meeting held on 23rd August 2016 the results of the Interstate Survey about the future format of Interstate F Class teams matches were tabled.
There was an overwhelming preference for OPTION 1 in the survey, therefore the Board have decided to adopt this for future events, commencing in South Australia in May 2017.
For your information OPTION 1 was:-
Day 1 – Practice sessions then Match 1 - 20 shots at 1000 yds.
Day 2 – Match 2 - 15 shots at 800/900/1000 yds.
If a Venue has Metric Ranges then the equivalents are 700/800/900 metres.
Matches will be shot under the current NRAA SSR’s. Time limits have been calculated as per ICFRA Rules.
The Next F Class Teams Matches are planned at the Lower Light Range in South Australia for:-
Monday 1st May 2017
Tuesday 2nd May 2017

Return to “Events”