Tasmania events- Now the Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Tasmania events- Now the Queens

#1 Postby ecomeat » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Is everyone shooting down there in the Apple Isle too old to be able to post a few photos and results ? :D :D :D
Come on, you "old geezers"................i heard its been a bit blowy but a few of us would appreciate some updates. :P
Photos would be good too !
Last edited by ecomeat on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

ecomeat

Re: Tasmania events- Some Results

#2 Postby ecomeat » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:57 am

Mike Samuels has managed to get some results through on his FB page
Apparently the winds were rather kind during their practise

But on Day One of the real thing, at 1200 yds they had 9 minutes of wind on, and holding off another 3 or so

They basically have non stop shooting right through to the Queens which starts next Thursday.
I did a quick summary, and it appears that they could shoot something like 360 shots just in Match Rifle.
Oh, to be retired to to be able to afford to travel and shoot non stop for two weeks !! Half your luck, boys and girls. Hoping the Aussies can get on top =D> =D>
The first 4 days for them looks like this:
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 pm

They also have a "World 1500yd Championship" on the day before the start of the Queens.

ecomeat

#4 Postby ecomeat » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:46 am

Day Two from Tasmania in the Match Rifle event

Here is the rest of the Match Rifle Programme, and includes the World Long Range event that Alan mentioned

RDavies

#5 Postby RDavies » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:24 am

Surely someone has more info on what is happening in Tasmania? They do have internet there now don't they?

jasmay

#6 Postby jasmay » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 am

RDavies wrote:Surely someone has more info on what is happening in Tasmania? They do have internet there now don't they?

No, all correspondence is carried via European Swallow across the tasman for transmission.

Apparently they are breeding the larger African swallow (non migratory) known for their ability to carry coconuts from tropical climates to Europe, to carry our ammunition across for future comps.

And here I was thinking you were well travelled Rod...... [-X

Nathan P

#7 Postby Nathan P » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:31 am

I'll do my best to give some updates on the weekend once the queens start

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Just do what you can Nathan. Tassie is not alone in terms of getting results online. Rod will remember our wireless hotspot at the FCWC at Raton - in fact he may not remember it because it didn't happen :lol: .

mike H

#9 Postby mike H » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:22 pm

AlanF wrote:Just do what you can Nathan. Tassie is not alone in terms of getting results online. Rod will remember our wireless hotspot at the FCWC at Raton - in fact he may not remember it because it didn't happen :lol: .

While it is good to be able to go online and view results,the best way to know what is happening is to attend the event.
Only two F/class shooters competed and got to experience one of the best run and most enjoyable shoots I have been to in many years.

ecomeat

#10 Postby ecomeat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:37 am

Sorry for the delayed swallow transmissions.
I havent yet figured out how to save a photo to Photobucket.com from an old IPad 1, so can only steal Facebook photos and put them on here from my laptop.
Seems this was the final results from the Individual MR

Jenni Hauslers photo of the top 1/3 is a bit clearer

Only 2 starters in F Open, but a good win to Jenni Hausler

I assume that the scoring for F Open is exactly the same as for Mathch Rifle participants ? :?:
If it is, then Jenni's 840 pts , to the MR winners 761.........79 pts ....is a rather graphic display of the handicap that these poor buggers shooting 308's have to bear, compared to 7mm 180 grainers. :D :D I dont say that in any disparaging way about Jenni's performance, but just pointing out that i was astounded at the gap. I have never owned a 308 but trying to "Coach" recently saw me with our F Standard shooters as well, and i have to say that for a purist F Open shooter like myself, switching my brain from 7mm ballistic performance to 308s was fairly eye opening. I now have a whole new level of respect for people who can perform at the top with a 308 :shock: :shock:

The Poms got up for a good win in the Woomera Teams event yesterday, so there are probably a few sore heads around thismorning

They are now on the 1500 yard line, where Mike Samuels is up 35moa from 1000 yds, and starting with 10 mins of Wind on

johnk

#11 Postby johnk » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:17 am

F Class scoring is same as short range scoring - V becomes a 6 etc downward.

Therefore the difference between MR & F winners was 831 V 840 - not too foul at all when you take into account that the MR competitor is shooting off his elbows, albeit with the front hand rested.

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:33 am

Well I actually thought the F-Open shooters did extremely well, with both of them finishing ahead of a large field of some of the best MR shooters in the world. At those distances, ability to read the wind is the main game.

ecomeat

#13 Postby ecomeat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:38 am

Wow !! =D> =D> =D> what an awesome performance.
I still can't see me buying a 308 anytime soon. :mrgreen:

Nathan P

#14 Postby Nathan P » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:24 am

Just touching on the 7mm vs 308 subject. A few months ago I had a crack at 1500 yards at campbell town shooting along side Mark Walters who was using a 308 and 215 grain projectile and I was using my shehane I had about 6-7 minuets less elevation for memory I mananged to get 8 out of 10 shots on target and Mark got close but couldn't mangage a hit

ratshot

#15 Postby ratshot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:25 pm

leed up results on NRAA site...

Return to “Events”