Wellsford Results

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

saum2

Re: Wellsford Results

#16 Postby saum2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm sure everyone has seen the results by now so congrats to all winners.
In F Open, John Hollis from Bendigo used a Dasher all the way, not a bad effort and finish 3rd.

macguru

#17 Postby macguru » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Guys, for me the real stand out is PJ (Peter Johnston) ! I have not spoken to him since Thursday afternoon, but to open up a lead like that in F Std (A), then have a terrible 1000yds and still win by a single X !!!!

Peter, I look forward to congratulating you next time our paths cross

Andrew Beavis
North Sydney Rifle Club.
id quod est

Norm

#18 Postby Norm » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:06 pm

Well done to Alan on his F-Open win and mark in FTR.
F-Standard scores were very impressive at the pointy end.
Very tough conditions in the end. Dust storms running across the range. Could not see the target at all at times.
Not fun for most with massive points lost at 1000yards.

RDavies

#19 Postby RDavies » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Norm wrote:Well done to Alan on his F-Open win and mark in FTR.
F-Standard scores were very impressive at the pointy end.
Very tough conditions in the end. Dust storms running across the range. Could not see the target at all at times.
Not fun for most with massive points lost at 1000yards.

Yes the F std scores at the pointy end were impressive and so close. Commiserations to Jenny, 1 X behind.
I have heard a few shooters got some really bad conditions at 1000yds, while others an hour later got it easy. Bring on squadding.

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:41 pm

Hello all,

Humble apologies for my lack of attention to the most important part of a Queens shoot, catering for the curiosity of the remote onlookers :D .

You know the results. My congrats to all the others. Regarding the weather, it was typical Bendigo (easy but occasionally very annoying) for the leadup and for Queens days 1 and 2. It wasn't till today that it decided to get spiteful and tried to give everyone a hard time (cross-wind changing strength from light through to strong with a very quick cycle). Some like myself managed to be at the right place at the right time and got through relatively unscathed, but today's average scores tell the story.

I can give you very little info on equipment in F-Open. Others are invited to chime in on this. I spoke to Adam and he was using a 6BR at the shorts and a 6.5x47 at the longs, Bob Ped used a 284 throughout, I used 7 Shehane as usual, 4 different barrels and 3 different projectiles during the leadup, then in the Queens settled for the 34" Bartlein "blunderbus" barrel and 168VLDs at over 3000fps, and wait for it, not N165, but 2213SC :wink: , underrated and under-used in my opinion.

My picks of notable performances, were Peter Johnstone in F-Std, Don Laughton (F/TR) today at the longs, and James Corbett who put a shot on the wrong target and finished only 3 points behind Geoff Grenfell (and the one he lost was a super centre...).

I missed the previous 2 Vic Queens, but its been a good move changing the dates. Its still dry and dusty, but much more pleasant temperature-wise.

Something of interest regarding the Vic Queens, at the presentation last night they asked for a show of hands on the question "should we keep the 1000 yards?". The yes vote got about 90% by my estimation =D> . Then they asked the same question at today's presentation (after many had been carved up at 1000), and I'm pleased to report that if the yes vote was diminished, it was only slightly. Maybe its time SARA put the inclusion of 900m to the vote again [-o< .

saum2

#21 Postby saum2 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:18 am

Alan, did they squad shooters for the last 2 ranges or was it just talk??
Geoff

AlanF

#22 Postby AlanF » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:02 am

Rebel105 wrote:Alan, did they squad shooters for the last 2 ranges or was it just talk??
Geoff

No they didn't - I think they want to wait until the stats software (in particular the entry card part of it) is adapted to suit.

Brad Y

#23 Postby Brad Y » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:18 am

Congrats to the winners =D>

Alan- thats some impressive speed for the 168's, I take it the 2213sc and the extra barrel length helped you reach that velocity before pressure reared its head?

bartman007

#24 Postby bartman007 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:41 am

Well done Alan, on another fine win. You seem to have a winning formula, keep up the good work.

As for the others in FTR and Std, there were some great scores shot. Mark.F is proving to be a tough competitor to beat, as Rod would be finding out.

I didn't know how James fell down the A Grade list, but putting a shot on someone else's target certainly doesn't help! So as you can see, it doesn't matter how good a shot you are, we are all human.
###

williada

#25 Postby williada » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Well done Alan. You may be setting a trend with the lighter faster pills.

Return to “Events”