Bundaberg opm

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Chopper

Re: Bundaberg opm

#31 Postby Chopper » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Time for people to look at the ORIGIN of our sport, and bury it , Chop

Tim N

#32 Postby Tim N » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:01 pm

Hey Chop
=D> =D> =D> =D>
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Amac

#33 Postby Amac » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:15 am

Rain is clearing here in Bundaberg.

Roll up for a great shoot and even better hospitality.

Cheers Andrew

Omark44

#34 Postby Omark44 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:15 am

All the best for the shoot on this wet weekend. A big shout for the gkrc hope you have a good weekend the Crawford family jimmy and the rest f the crew have a good shoot. Just gutted I could not make it this weekend.

Tod7.62

#35 Postby Tod7.62 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:28 am

Hi Andrew hope you have a Good shoot this weekend. Sorry I will be unable to make it. Didn't get time to load any bulletts and that's just way to far for me to throw stones.

Cheers Tod

scott/r

#36 Postby scott/r » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:38 am

To all you sooks that didn't want to get wet, you missed out on an awesome weekend of shooting. Saturday saw near perfect conditions and some good scores posted. Sunday morning saw some nasty, nasty wind playing havoc with people. A huge thanks goes out the all the boys and girls who spend so much time organizing this event. And a special hat tipping to Andrew for your presentations skills, always a laugh. I'm looking forward to next year already.
2016-06-06 04.24.36.jpg

2016-06-06 04.26.18.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Amac

#37 Postby Amac » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:15 am

Hi All

Thanks for the positive feedback Scott. We had a great weekend in Bundaberg and as a weatherman I make a terrible shooter but I got the forecast right. We didn't get a drop of rain at all during the event. The rain cleared out from about 7 am on Saturday morning and that was the end of it as it followed the coast down towards Brisbane and into Mexican territory. They are getting hit pretty hard - so good luck to anyone down that way.

Conditions were perfect on Saturday and we saw some excellent shooting. To note a couple of great performances. Steve Connolly from Bundy with his 6.5 Creedmore led the pack with a 240.26 from Gary Towers (Bundaberg) with his little 'Rat Gun' 22 BR shot clean with 240.18. Dave Boreham (and I checked the spelling on this too Dave....) from North Arm right behind with 239.24. It was a truly good day to test equipment for what would be a good level playing field on Sunday.

I will get more information up but the winner in F Open won by a single X - Dave Boreham taking the chocolates over Steve Connolly in the end. From a club perspective we had a great weekend for shooters. Steve Connolly's effort was amazing and he has come a long way to a very good shooter in the F Open ranks moving forward. We also saw Josh Turner - a wannabe F Standard shooter after breaking wrist and not being able to hold a TR - take out the F Standard B by a good margin and hot his first ever 60 to boot.

We also had some very good first timers to OPM's from Gympie Kilkivan too. Watch out for the travelling bands from there as Dave Hatherall has been coaching them and what he gives up in performance himself he has truly sunk into the new comers. Young Riley Crawford turned 14 on the range yesterday and took out the day's aggregate and 2nd place overall in F Standard B.

When I get some time I'll send through a few photos and some interesting points to note.

However, I would like to thank those that attended what was a great weekend. We really enjoy hosting this event and we stepped it up a notch or two this year to attract a few more shooters but alas we were pipped by the weather. I hope everyone makes it home safely and we look forward to seeing a better contingent on the mound next year.

Cheers Andrew

Return to “Events”