NQRA Townsville Quens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ShaneG

NQRA Townsville Quens

#1 Postby ShaneG » Mon May 09, 2016 10:12 am

G'day all
So who is saddling up for Townsville? Next week?
Alan F mentioned he will be up here this year!
Vicki and I heading down as Peter Smith assures us the e target problems are fixed.
Cheers
Shane

Longranger

Re: NQRA Townsville Quens

#2 Postby Longranger » Mon May 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Sadly won't be there due to work commitments. My home club too :( .

It should be a great event this year.

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Tue May 17, 2016 8:42 pm

The Townsville OPM was on today and the lead up starts tomorrow, and there is not even a whisper of news filtering out about what is going on in Townsville. This could only mean Marty and Steve Laz have started something and the military have been called in to contain the situation and divert all satellites and communication away from the Harveys Range area. Unless there is another explanation, can someone fill us keyboard marksmen in on all the hot gossip, rumours and innuendo about shenanigans at the North Qld Queens.

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Tue May 17, 2016 9:11 pm

RDavies wrote:The Townsville OPM was on today and the lead up starts tomorrow, and there is not even a whisper of news filtering out about what is going on in Townsville. This could only mean Marty and Steve Laz have started something and the military have been called in to contain the situation and divert all satellites and communication away from the Harveys Range area. Unless there is another explanation, can someone fill us keyboard marksmen in on all the hot gossip, rumours and innuendo about shenanigans at the North Qld Queens.

OK, some news has filtered back and my predictions were pretty close. Does anyone up there now have photos of Steve Laz tonight in his village people outfit.

scott/r

#5 Postby scott/r » Wed May 18, 2016 5:02 am

Rod, the scores are up on the nraa website.

AlanF

Re: NQRA Townsville Queens

#6 Postby AlanF » Wed May 18, 2016 7:12 am

Leadup starts today. They have taken heed of Mark Fairbairn's occasional quiet mention of squadding, and it is happening. The squadding lists were put up at the clubhouse last night. It looks like F/TR will be first down at 500m , followed by F-Open second down etc. Its proposed to run it throughout the meeting.

Steve and Marty arrived yesterday avo and quickly established the noisiest hub of the camping area. Marty explained that he is busy sorting out a new barrel and may not be competitive. I said yeah right.... Peter Smith had the same modest expectations with his new barrel and had 120 points on the board after the first two ranges yesterday. He was so embarrassed about it that he sacrificed himself with two on the wrong target at 900m :D . Steve Nelson had a good consistent day to win F-Open. Congrats to all other winners, including Vicki in F/TR.

Today looks like being similar conditions to yesterday, 30 degrees, very little wind, more than enough mirage.

Josh Cox

#7 Postby Josh Cox » Wed May 18, 2016 7:28 am

I'd like to point out that Vicki, a girl, shooting FTR shot the highest score, well done Vicki.

The rest of you got beaten by a girl.

Longranger

#8 Postby Longranger » Wed May 18, 2016 10:05 am

Josh Cox wrote:I'd like to point out that Vicki, a girl, shooting FTR shot the highest score, well done Vicki.

The rest of you got beaten by a girl.

No shame in that Josh. Being beaten up by a girl is a different story though...

DenisA

#9 Postby DenisA » Wed May 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Have they got internet up in NQ yet!? :P Really looking forward to some photo's.

RDavies

#10 Postby RDavies » Fri May 20, 2016 7:53 pm

DenisA wrote:Have they got internet up in NQ yet!? :P Really looking forward to some photo's.

No, it would seem that internet has not yet reached Far North QLD, (or they cant read or write???), but it would seem that they have sent the fastest horse in town off into the wilds, to brave tumble weed, raging rivers and natives to get the results to the telegraph station to get results back to NRAA.
The lead up was won by Marty Lobert in F Open, Steve Lazerus in F std A grade and Mark Fairburn in F/TR.

On the first day of the Queens it is an all star field in the lead so far.
F std A grade
1st Travis Kohn
2nd Steve Lazarus
3rd Nick Williamson

F/TR
1st Chris Allman
2nd Mark Fairburn
3rd Nikki Slee

F Open
1st Peter Smith
2nd Alan Fraser
3rd Marty Lobert
Last edited by RDavies on Sat May 21, 2016 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

AlanF

#11 Postby AlanF » Fri May 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Sorry about lack of communication - best place for results is http://www.nraa.com.au/nqra-queens-2016-results/. You got some of them right Rod :D .

Weather wasn't as hot today, but patchy clouds caused changeable sighting conditions, and there was just enough little wind changes to catch the unwary and unlucky.

Calibres in F-Open that I am aware of are 7 SAUMs Peter Smith, Marty Lobert, Josh Reid, Phil Bonaventura, 7 Shehane myself, 284 Win most of the others, but I believe Bob Scott was using a 6 or 6.5 Super LR or similar.

Some snippets that may be of interest - a death adder was encountered in the middle of the camping ground last night. However it hasn't caused Pete Smith to put shoes on (may not have any to put on :D ).

The ETs have been good, but with a couple of minor hiccups caused by human error at the monitor end, each involving at least 1 shooter having to shoot again. Murray Wilson took up the offer to reshoot 500 after the finish of the first 600, but only managed the same points with 1 less X.

Looks like being warm again tomorrow with some showers likely.

Sorry no photos - my phone won't talk to my PC. Back tomorrow night.

Alan

Longranger

#12 Postby Longranger » Sat May 21, 2016 5:11 am

Mobile service at the range is very marginal. We had to put up an external antenna on the clubhouse so info could be posted via the mobile network.

Most phones struggle a bit at the range.

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Sat May 21, 2016 7:40 am

I have respectable internet and phone access where I'm camped on the range - just have a windows software problem between phone and PC. If anyone wants to e-mail photos to webmaster@ozfclass.com I can post them on the forum.

Craig McGowan

#14 Postby Craig McGowan » Sat May 21, 2016 7:46 am

Morning Alan,

Are you using Bertha? Its Sister is turning up from the USA on Tuesday? Are you coming through Brisbane?

Are you going to name this one as well? How about a Oz F Class naming competition? :D

AlanF

#15 Postby AlanF » Sat May 21, 2016 9:54 am

Yes Craig, Bertha has been released from its cage for this one. Not sure about the naming competition - a barrel with a large knob on the end could invite some inappropriate suggestions :shock: .

Sorry you couldn't be here - I heard the FCWC coaching practice is keeping you off the streets.

Could you PM me a Phone No please? I want to discuss barrel deliveries etc.

Alan

Return to “Events”