QRA Queens (electronic target info)

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

jasmay

QRA Queens (electronic target info)

#1 Postby jasmay » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:42 pm

Hi Folks,

As the upcoming QRA Queens will be shot on ET's I was wondering if anybody could direct me to a policy/procedure for the management of problems during the comp. i.e. how missed shots will be managed etc.

With all the talk of this in other threads I thought I might look into it a little further to find out what I may be getting myself into.

Thanks for your help.

BRETT B

Re: QRA Queens (electronic target info)

#2 Postby BRETT B » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 pm

BRETT BUNYAN F CLASS OPEN SHOOTER W.A.

jasmay

#3 Postby jasmay » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:56 pm

I did see those earlier, but its quite vague how it is to be handled, perhaps a good thing? Most of our R.O's seem to be sensible folk, thus it should be resolved in a meaningful and appropriate way.

BRETT B

#4 Postby BRETT B » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:39 pm

Keeping an eye out for cross fires was a major factor when I first started on electronic targets a few years ago. Because the Targets don't go up and down it seemed until people got used to them it was very regular to have half a dozen or so on every range. I made sure I had my Bullets stacked in lots of 12 in my box so if a stray shot appeared on my screen i could prove to the range officer it was not mine!!
BRETT BUNYAN F CLASS OPEN SHOOTER W.A.

bartman007

#5 Postby bartman007 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Keeping an eye out for cross fires was a major factor when I first started on electronic targets a few years ago.

There lies the importance of working with your scorer to ensure you get to shoot all your shots :idea:

I hadn't though of that issue, but it can certainly happen when you have your head down to take your shot.
###

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:53 pm

At the NQ Queen (shot on ETs), shooters were requested not to bring spent cases onto the mound. This was I believe intended to remove doubts about how many shots had been fired.

Chopper

#7 Postby Chopper » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:24 pm

Benchrest and fly shooting requirements , Great move =D> Chop

Steve N

#8 Postby Steve N » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:20 am

AlanF wrote:At the NQ Queen (shot on ETs), shooters were requested not to bring spent cases onto the mound. This was I believe intended to remove doubts about how many shots had been fired.

They did much the same at Canberra last year as well. We used it at least once to confirm the number of shots that had been fired. A good idea.

scott/r

#9 Postby scott/r » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:39 am

Maybe they can turn the audible shot call on. The monitor speaks the shot value. That way if you have your head down for a shot you can immediately respond to your scorer if it's not your shot.

Matt P

#10 Postby Matt P » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:14 am

Does anyone know if there will be squading ?? If so what format, don't really want to travel all that way to put up with what we had at the nationals or the system the QRA used last year.
Thanks
Matt P

jasmay

#11 Postby jasmay » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:46 am

Hey Matt, are you on the development squad for the worlds?

johnk

#12 Postby johnk » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:43 am

Matt (and anybody else interested),

I suggest you contact QRA. I haven't had my Queens briefing yet.

John

Amac

#13 Postby Amac » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi Matt

As John said, no briefing has been provided as yet. I am the Board member in charge of Competitions and we are currently reviewing all options available to us.

I agree that the Nats were not perfect but unless our organisations take steps in this direction then we will be left behind. I have had very good feedback regarding the FNQ Queens squadding techniques - something similar to what SA ran too from what I have been told.

I feel that we need to come up with a model for squadding that is consistent across the country so that we can know what to expect from travelling to these major events. I have had a conversation with an NRAA Director and hopefully they took this message on board. Standardising these programs would make life so much easier for all concerned.

What they may look like though is anyone's guess. It was interesting though to see the show of hands for squadding at the Nats before we all started. From memory there wouldn't have been a half dozen nay-sayers with their hands up. That is a pretty strong message moving forward.

Once we nail it down I will advise the community on this forum what the program will look like.

Thanks

Andrew

Matt P

#14 Postby Matt P » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi Andrew
I was one of the few nay sayers :( .
The NQRA and the SARA on the surface seem much better options than the NRAA system and what the QRA used last (squadding the last day, which IMO is the worst system).
I'm not totally against squadding I just don't want it any worse than what we have now, and IMO what was used by the NRAA and the QRA last year is certainly worse.
Thanks for your feed back.
Regards
Matt Paroz

scott/r

#15 Postby scott/r » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:17 pm

It doesn't say what type of squadding on the qra website, probably because they don't know yet as Andrew mentioned, but it does say that they won't be re-squadding on the last day like they did last year. =D>

Return to “Events”