QRA QUEENS - Live online on Hexta website

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

DaveMc

Re: QRA QUEENS - Live online on Hexta website

#31 Postby DaveMc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:20 pm

Fantastic shooting by both Matt and Michael. A good contrast of styles and cements mikes position as one of the best wind readers in the country. He picked his way steadily through the days and did a fantastic job. It may not have been heavy but it wasn't easy and these two were fantastic

Barry Davies

#32 Postby Barry Davies » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:33 pm

Well done Mike --truly deserved.

Matt --not disgraced --excellent display --that last shot was the killer.

What does one say about James Corbett? Unmatched and easily the best shooter this country has ever produced.
Well done James.

bartman007

#33 Postby bartman007 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Well that's Belmont for another year. The competition has been great and the friendly banter a lot of fun. The weather simply better than Victoria for this time of year.

Matt is consistently in the top bunch of shooters, so well done Matt! I think that old adage Life's too short to take it easy sums Matt up. He gets the most out of his shooting time.

As for the locals, there are some great scores from day one, and again today so keep up the good work boys.
###

Josh Cox

#34 Postby Josh Cox » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:00 pm

Am very impressed with the HEXTA website, watching the shoots live.

Sitting at work adminadroiding my day away whilst watching the shooters battling the conditions.

Well done Dmitri.

RAVEN

#35 Postby RAVEN » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:29 pm

Congratulations to all the winners
Well done Waitesy all good things come to those whom keep trying =D> =D> =D>

See you on the mound soon Coach :)

I enjoyed the live Hex System and watching the fortunes and not so fortuitous

Awesome display of marksmanship by JC he is sure running hot

I hope QRA had the appropriate amount of badges for the entries of F Class

RB :) :)

Norm

#36 Postby Norm » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:06 pm

Well done Mike and all the other winners. =D>

DannyS

#37 Postby DannyS » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:29 pm

=D> =D> Congrats Mike, great shooting
You might as well be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

Steve N

#38 Postby Steve N » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Congratulations again Mike on a very great win and Matt for a very impressive shoot. Dave Mc was also amazing considering how little shooting he has done lately. Also a great shoot by Josh! To see these top shooters in action in very challenging conditions was terrific.
Great that remote viewers had a live feed to see the action. Hexta system seems to be popular but I was not very impressed with the shooters monitors on the mound. Reminded me of something like a 1980s computer monitor. Many I spoke to said the they had problems with aging eyes trying to locate the previous shot position accurately.
Steve

RDavies

#39 Postby RDavies » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:09 pm

First of all congratulations to James Corbett for his 30th Queens win.

In F std, it was a close one with Ben Curley returning to his old form, but only just missed out to the F std master, Nick Williamson.

In F/TR Jeff Epplestone had a great win. His 1000yd target was great, better than the F Open targets. It would have been good to see more of his in form Canberra/NSW crew up there to really shake things up.

In F Open as mentioned by many previously, Mike Waites used his wind reading skills to pick his way through tough conditions to finally get his first Queens win (which I predicted he would soon), just pipping Mr Consistent Matt Paroz.

Great work in tough conditions to all of the leading shooters. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

DenisA

#40 Postby DenisA » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:44 am

Congratulations too all the winners and everyone that attended too. It made for a great event with a strong field across all disciplines. There were some tough conditions, some good ones, some amazing X counts shot fast and some amazing X counts shot slowly and carefully.

The ET's performed well enough. There were some glitches that will be ironed out with time no doubt. I'm a big fan of ET's for club level and local PM's and I believe they need to be supported to allow development, but I must admit that I prefer manual targets for Queens series events. I just like to see targets move up and down. It makes the event more interactive.

Great week shooting!

johnk

#41 Postby johnk » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:43 am

As you might expect, the ET gurus & ROs were working on devising fixes for the comms issues, which, once applied during the last 1000, seems to have resolved those issues.

What wasn't resolved was the reluctance of shooters to carry out their duties in the same manner as the do on paper targets:

Position themselves so they can see both the shooter's muzzle and the scorer's PC (the latter being the ET oequivalent of watching the target).
    Calling each shot as it occurs - Target 6 first sighter etc.
    Calling the value - X one on, target 6

Playing by the (SSR) rules would have obviated the occasional instance when an extra shot on one target did not have a corresponding miss, and folks, that means that some got away with crossfires, but then again they have on paper targets too. On the other side of the coin, it was a big learning curve for many, so forgetting the protocol is understandable - first time.

More interesting was when a disinterested party advised me that the posted score for a leader board shooter did not agree with the check scorer's board. As the results were being streamed straight off the Hexta system into the results database (scorecards were only being used as needed for sanity checks), I was able to explain the circumstance to stats & have the error corrected on the spot - my explanation corresponded with the shots recorded to that shooter for that match. It was one of those not totally unexpected scorer errors where they accidentally disclaimed only one of the two sighters. Incidentally, that error required the mutual misreading of the PC by two scorers & the shooter, his monitor.

Now, before you throw your hands up in the air, consider just how much more reliable & less prone to error this system is to the norm, where every scorecard has to be entered manually into the NRAA on line system.

JK, CRO

PS: The Target 6 reference is a 2016 Belmont joke. The butts crew had to vacate at the last distance one evening because of a particularly nasty thunderstorm, leaving the targets uncovered - duty of care is for personnel first and there is a lot of ironwork holding those targets up. The only target that could not be started the next day was target 6.

Josh Cox

#42 Postby Josh Cox » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:31 pm

I would be very interested to see the statistics for this shoot, as to how many of the thousands of shots were calculated on 8,7,6,5 and 4 sensors in the cloud.

DenisA

#43 Postby DenisA » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm not complaining or saying it's for the better or the worse, but another interesting difference that we have seen from ET's at this Queens compared to similar events of the past is the ability to unload 12 rounds in record time. It's normal to see this at club level these days but has not been seen yet at a Queens I've attended. That's the game though..

johnk

#44 Postby johnk » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:55 pm

DenisA wrote:I'm not complaining or saying it's for the better or the worse, but another interesting difference that we have seen from ET's at this Queens compared to similar events of the past is the ability to unload 12 rounds in record time. It's normal to see this at club level these days but has not been seen yet at a Queens I've attended. That's the game though..

It is indeed but only because the NRAA in their wisdom decided not to amend the SSRs to make it mandatory that a shooter not fire a shot until the scorer & check scorer call and confirm the value.

Matt P

#45 Postby Matt P » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:39 pm

johnk wrote:
DenisA wrote:I'm not complaining or saying it's for the better or the worse, but another interesting difference that we have seen from ET's at this Queens compared to similar events of the past is the ability to unload 12 rounds in record time. It's normal to see this at club level these days but has not been seen yet at a Queens I've attended. That's the game though..

It is indeed but only because the NRAA in their wisdom decided not to amend the SSRs to make it mandatory that a shooter not fire a shot until the scorer & check scorer call and confirm the value.

I did "rattle them down range" once or twice :shock: :lol: but I never fired a shot until I heard the call, I guess I was lucky to have scorers that did their job.
Regards
Matt P

Return to “Events”