DCRA F Class Champs Underway

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

6.5x55ai

DCRA F Class Champs Underway

#1 Postby 6.5x55ai » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:44 am

Craig McGowan

Re: DCRA F Class Champs Underway

#2 Postby Craig McGowan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:29 am

Let me just say that is has been hot. Today (Friday) is the first day below 30. Lots of cloud cover and wind running about 6mph from the bay side. Wednesday and Thursday saw mirage that bad the the target frame was moving, not just the centre.

Wednesday was the first day with 4 matches held. Start time is 0800 for the first relay of the match. For those who are unfamiliar, the DCRA FCNC is shot in pairs. This year two to a mound, and I have got to say I am hooked. I also like the ICFRA standard scoring method they use but that is for another discussion.

Thursday was another 4 matches with today (Friday) being the teams matches with the final seeded match for the F Class Championships held this afternoon about 4pm. Top 70 places for F Open and F-TR go into this match.

Then tomorrow (Saturday) is the international teams match. This year there is Canada, USA, Great Britian?? and South Africa competing. The USA teams had this match as a compulsory attendance if you wish to make the team, so there was 30 F Open and 30 F-TR. lots of interesting gear and interesting people. If you every get a chance I would highly recommend adding to your bucket list.

Kind Regards

Craig McGowan

willow

#3 Postby willow » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:07 am

Looks like you are having a fair crack at it Craig, all the best mate.

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Thanks for the report. I hope you have plenty of photos for us?

Return to “Events”