North Arm Rifle Club OPM

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

plumbs7

Re: North Arm Rifle Club OPM

#31 Postby plumbs7 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:47 pm

Well got here safe after nice drive ! Was welcomed by friendly faces and warm hand shakes!
Range looks great and looks like the members have been working very hard !

Now time to eat and get back to the unit for some very much needed "Northarm meditation !"

That is " I luv Northarm, I Luv Northarm! I can wind read at Northarm , In Everyway in every day I can wind read at Northarm!" :roll:

johnk

#32 Postby johnk » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:10 pm

plumbs7 wrote:In Everyway in every day I can wind read at Northarm!

Except for that one 180 degrees reverse wind change just as the trigger breaks at 600.

plumbs7

#33 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:27 pm

Look who turned up! Was a pleasant surprise !

Yes the snakes made it to
And Burnsie at 400 yds !

Julie Shot very well since she hadn't shot in Comp since Darling downs and 1 club shoot !

"The Rock star Josh " and good mate ! Did very well with second overall! With D Boreman only dropping 2 at his home range ! An outstanding shoot !
Ben Curley taking the honours in F A standard!
Yes I know it's only 6 th place and a second at 500 yds ! But at Northarm, anything that is a positive I'm very happy with!
I'll go out and make a bold statement! That Northarm would have to be the hardest 600 yds range in the country! I don't think anybody who was there today would Disagree with C Cole dropping 4 x 4's for the day! And still won !
If you disagree please come up here and try it ! 8) .
Denis may fill us all in a bit better with scores later .
Tomorrow is 500,600,600 and Ecomeat and I hear Mr 7 mm and Capt. are shooting tomorrow!

So Hopefully Tony will do his thing and report on the whole show !
Kind Regards Graham.

Ps f B standard I pretty sure Alex mac won the day!
Ftr, Wilddog 1st and Andy Mac 2nd by 1.1!

plumbs7

#34 Postby plumbs7 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Photos courtesy of Scott/r!

shooter mcreid

#35 Postby shooter mcreid » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:07 am

Thanks for putting the results up mate

plumbs7

#36 Postby plumbs7 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Another very tuff day at the office with well known names diving for the tissues! Josh Reid smoked us with a very good shoot! He has won at Northarm a number times , and must be one of his favourite ranges.
J Reid Saum
D Boreman ??
G Sells 7-08ai ( next time will be .284)
G Towers 22br
J Dunsmore 5 th ??
G Mincham and J Mac dead heat for 6th th( not sure how they resolved this?)
G Mincham ?? J Mac 7 mm Shehane .

Without a doubt the hardest conditions I've shot in at a short to mid range Opm ! There were up to 3 min change left to 3 min change right and everything in between!
Thanks to the members of Northarm rifle club ! I don't know how you go through that , Saturday after Saturday?? :mrgreen:

Ps Ftr agg M Fairbarn
F standard A B Curley
F standard B Alex Mac!
Last edited by plumbs7 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

johnk

#37 Postby johnk » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:02 pm

Possibly this way:

7.1.1.1 Ties for first place in a principal Aggregate, as identified in the official program of the promoting body, or where specifically laid down in the conditions of the match, or for the last place or places in any stage which will entitle the competitor to compete in a later stage, or an aggregate, shall be decided by shooting off in the manner laid down in the foregoing rules and where applicable, determine the place in the prize list of those competitors. All other ties shall be decided by counting out.

7.1.3 Counting out Ties shall take place as follows:-
7.1.3.1 In all cases of counting out under Rule 7.1.3 and Rules 7.2.1 and 7.3.1, central bulls-eyes shall count higher in value than bulls-eyes. For TR shooters a Super V shall count the same as a central bull. In the case of F Standard or F Open, a Super V shall count higher than a central bull.
7.1.3.2 If at one distance only by the value of each shot successively commencing with the last.
7.1.3.3 If at more than one distance, by range totals in order of distances commencing with the last, but where the aggregate consists of two or more matches at the same distance, counting out shall in the first place be determined by match totals in the order fired from last to first. If still a tie in either case then by taking the value of each shot successively commencing with the last fired at the last range or in the case of more than one match, at the same distance in the order fired from last to first.
7.1.3.4 If by stages, by stage totals successively commencing with the last stage. If still a tie, by range totals successively commencing with the last range and if still a tie, by taking each shot successively as in the preceding sub rule.
7.1.3.5 If a tie cannot be decided by any of the above sub rules the prize money shall be divided equally between the said competitors.

I picked this up in a book. :roll:

bsouthernau

#38 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:15 am

johnk wrote:Possibly this way:

7.1.3.5 If a tie cannot be decided by any of the above sub rules the prize money shall be divided equally between the said competitors.

I picked this up in a book. :roll:

And the badge cut up into the requisite number of pieces? Highly unlikely I know.

plumbs7

#39 Postby plumbs7 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:14 am

scott/r

#40 Postby scott/r » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks heaps for all the photos and the link to the results Graham. I still haven't made it to the computer yet.
Anyways, North Arm Rifle Club would like to pass on a massive thank you to everyone who took the time and effort to come and join us for our prize shoot. We didn't quite make the overall numbers that we had at our 100 year celebration meet, but the amount of f/ class shooters we had this weekend smashed the recorded number by miles. And considering the conditions we had this weekend, you guys really do deserve the thanks. I heard Colin mention that he has never shot one of our prize shoots in such changing winds and mirage. When you consider that last year b grade was won with 146 on the Sunday and and this year's a grade was won with 144, you might get bit of and idea of what it was like. Again, thanks heaps for coming and we hope you all had a cracker of a weekend. See you all next year.

scott/r

#41 Postby scott/r » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 am

Oh, and the grand agg place was awarded to Julie because she had the higher last day's agg.

wilson85

#42 Postby wilson85 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:20 pm

How did the .303 blokes go Scott?

Gerard

#43 Postby Gerard » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:33 pm

RE: 303's

Some amazing periods throughout, given the extremely challenging conditions.
One older chap, Bob (sorry I can't recall his surname) shot an amazing 6 V's in a row and that was during a period where I was struggling to manage a couple!
Im sure one of the guys will have all the details, but suffice to say that Bobs particular shoot was very impressive.

shooter mcreid

#44 Postby shooter mcreid » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:55 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hopefully this attempt at posting the 303 results works!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shooter mcreid

#45 Postby shooter mcreid » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Ha, not sure what I did but semi complete 303 results on the bottom left

Return to “Events”