The Golden Bullet

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Brad Y

The Golden Bullet

#1 Postby Brad Y » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:19 pm

All WA shooters and potential interstate visitors are invited to attend the Busselton Rifle Clubs inaugural prize shoot- the Golden Bullet. It's taken a long time from original idea to it happening due to range repairs but finally its going to happen!

When: 1st and 2nd April

Where: Coolilup Rifle Range, Hutton Rd Capel

Ranges: Sat 700m 10 shots and 15 shots, 800m 10 shots and 15 shots. Sun 900m 10 shots, 15 shots and 15 shots.

Entry $125 includes Saturday lunch and dinner, Sunday lunch.
Camping $10 per person per night.

Kongsberg targets have been subject to as much repair as we can possibly accomplish to make sure they are in good condition and reliable.

Generous prizes on offer for 1st to 5th places in FSA, FSB F/TR, FO and TR plus the chance to have your name first on the GOLDEN BULLET.

For any queries, please PM me directly so I can refer to our match director.

Brad Y

Re: The Golden Bullet

#2 Postby Brad Y » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:10 pm

A heads up, I will be streaming the event pretty much live (pending on my workload) throughout the event. There will be up to date scores, pictures, maybe videos and interviews on our club Facebook page www.facebook.com/busseltonrifleclub and will also be adding them up on here, our website at www.busseltonrifleclub.weebly.com and the NRAA results page as well. Means I wont be doing much trigger pulling until Sunday but hopefully the increased promotion will see more people interested in shooting and want to come join in for the next one!

willow

#3 Postby willow » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Wish I had my rifle in time for this Brad, but next year I'll definitely make the trip down. Good luck with the running of the event, sounds like a great weekend coming up.

Brad Y

#4 Postby Brad Y » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Spectators are welcome mate, I can even lend you a rifle if your interested.

willow

#5 Postby willow » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:43 pm

Brad Y wrote:Spectators are welcome mate, I can even lend you a rifle if your interested.

Won't be able to make it down unfortunately. I'd written this one off due to not having my rifle and have a bit of work to do unfortunately, at least the work is shooting related..

Brad Y

#6 Postby Brad Y » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:47 am

Congrats to Ron Lemay first 60 of the golden bullets history. 60.5 at 700m. Video is on our Facebook page!

Brad Y

#7 Postby Brad Y » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:06 pm

Steven Crago 50.7 in Target Rifle!

Quick

#8 Postby Quick » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Congrats to all who attend the Golden Bullet. I wish I could be there to shoot.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

Brad Y

#9 Postby Brad Y » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:54 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates, I must admit to severely underestimating the requirements for doing results, pictures and videos on Facebook and tending to anything the ET system needed! To make it worse I entered all the details in the NRAA system and found out this afternoon that none of it is up... it took a lot of time and effort that I realise now probably isn't worth it compared to Facebook traffic.

Anyway we had 59 shooters over two glorious days. Conditions wind wise were very mild but the mirage was difficult especially today when it was so thick when boiling often for 5 minutes or so that it was hard to make out much at all. There were those who handled it well and we saw a few possibles at 900m even in 15 shot matches.

Results are available here http://busseltonrifleclub.weebly.com/th ... ullet.html
And plenty of on the go pictures and a couple of videos at our Facebook page

Brad Y

#10 Postby Brad Y » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:54 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates, I must admit to severely underestimating the requirements for doing results, pictures and videos on Facebook and tending to anything the ET system needed! To make it worse I entered all the details in the NRAA system and found out this afternoon that none of it is up... it took a lot of time and effort that I realise now probably isn't worth it compared to Facebook traffic.

Anyway we had 59 shooters over two glorious days. Conditions wind wise were very mild but the mirage was difficult especially today when it was so thick when boiling often for 5 minutes or so that it was hard to make out much at all. There were those who handled it well and we saw a few possibles at 900m even in 15 shot matches.

Results are available here http://busseltonrifleclub.weebly.com/th ... ullet.html
And plenty of on the go pictures and a couple of videos at our Facebook page

bsouthernau

#11 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 am

Brad Y wrote: To make it worse I entered all the details in the NRAA system and found out this afternoon that none of it is up... it took a lot of time and effort that I realise now probably isn't worth it compared to Facebook traffic.

I'm sure it must have been very frustrating to enter the numbers and have them disappear into the ether but if you DON'T do it doesn't this mean shooters' grading averages aren't updated.

Barry

Brad Y

#12 Postby Brad Y » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Wara also get the results so averages are sorted out before the next prize meet in 2 weeks

Return to “Events”