NSW F-Class Association Match

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

KHGS

Re: NSW F-Class Association Match

#16 Postby KHGS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:33 am

Brett M wrote:As a TR shooter I'm keen! Enjoy bisley style shooting, not enough of it shot I think!

Good answer Rod, but I will agree to disagree with you. Australians tend to willingly give up their identity in lots of areas & I would prefer to see the first F-Class Association match follow an Australian format. This would be the first match where the emphasis would be on F-Class & Target Rifle would be invited to attend, not the reverse & I imagine the F-Class's would head the prize lists with target rifle at the bottom instead of the other way around for a bit of a change. Having said all that this just my opinion & I would still intend to attend.
Keith H.

bartman007

#17 Postby bartman007 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:08 am

This is Australia not Bisley or Canada or anywhere international.

......South Africa is less than 4 years away. Bisley practise will give the current F Class Open World Champion and others more experience prior to competing in SA in 2021.

That is one reason, however a key driver for me is the importance of keeping track of the wind between my shots! The ability to rapid fire with this style of shooting is very limited. It requires note taking between shots. Certainly a skill to be mastered if you want to do well at it.

With any luck we can make this a great event.
###

KHGS

#18 Postby KHGS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 pm

bartman007 wrote:
This is Australia not Bisley or Canada or anywhere international.

......South Africa is less than 4 years away. Bisley practise will give the current F Class Open World Champion and others more experience prior to competing in SA in 2021.

That is one reason, however a key driver for me is the importance of keeping track of the wind between my shots! The ability to rapid fire with this style of shooting is very limited. It requires note taking between shots. Certainly a skill to be mastered if you want to do well at it.

With any luck we can make this a great event.

Thats fine, the SA teams do need to train for the match conditions that they will be shooting under (please note I said "team members" train) the 95% that may attend this match will not be shooting in SA, so why do the 95% need to train for SA???? Just asking. I would think that (the 95+%" they would be better served to train for Australia???????
Keith H.

jt

#19 Postby jt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Hello Keith,

This won,t be the "first" match for the NSW F Class Association.
It was also held last year in a more informal event over two days. We had the option to shoot Bisley pairs then. This will be a good event to see whether there is the interest for more of this type of event.

Cheers
jt.

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:55 pm

KHGS wrote:I would think that (the 95+%" they would be better served to train for Australia???????

Keith,

If Bisley style takes off here, they may well be training for Australia :wink: .

KHGS

#21 Postby KHGS » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:36 pm

AlanF wrote:
KHGS wrote:I would think that (the 95+%" they would be better served to train for Australia???????

Keith,

If Bisley style takes off here, they may well be training for Australia :wink: .

It hasn't happened yet & I would lay odds that it won't, except for isolated matches such as this one.
The main reason they do it at Bisley is in order to cater for the numbers. With an entry for the Queens at Bisley of around 1000 to 1200 & 100 targets on Century (short range) & 50 targets on Stickledown (long range) & eliminating as they go, all shooters but 100 are eliminated after the shorts 3/5/600yds. If they didn't do this they wouldn't get through the numbers. I suspect Canada & South Africa do it because that's what they do at Bisley, certainly not because of the numbers.
We have bigger numbers than any of the "international" countries but our numbers are spread over a large country & we don't have the concentration of numbers as they do at Bisley which is the only Queen's Prize they shoot, we shoot a Queen's Prize in each state! Another reason for the lower concentration of numbers here. There are shooters who shoot the Imperial meeting at Bisley and that is the only time they shoot for the whole year.
If you shoot in one of these countries, you shoot in the manner that they do, I don't see the need to change what we do at home just to fit in with what "they" do, only my opinion of course!!!! :) :) :)
Keith H.

AlanF

#22 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:59 am

Keith,

Its really up to the prize meeting organisers I guess. If they see a "market" for Bisley style, then they'll provide it. Its in the SSRs so the NRAA has to respect it. I personally see it as a way of boosting the importance of wind reading in F-Class, particularly in the light of the recent decision on fast shooting with ETs.

See you at Ungarie :) .

bsouthernau

#23 Postby bsouthernau » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:43 pm

A shame it clashes with the Tassie Queens. I like going to Ungarie and would probably have gone otherwise.

bainp

#24 Postby bainp » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:25 am

johnk wrote:
GSells wrote:Where is Ungarie ? Excuse my ignorance.
Great to see a Bisley long range match !!

The town that time forgot close to West Wyalong. A garage with six basic motel units & a pub with upstairs (indoor facilities) & downstairs acceptable rooms that you hike upstairs to use. As a last resort, you can shack up in the showgrounds with due notice.

The Bowls Club can usually be convinced to put on one dinner, if promoters approach them & the pub can manage most others. There is a cafe, or was last time I was there.

I have been trying to contact the Ungarie Pines Motel for a few days and could not get any answer to my phone calls. To get advice about the operating status of the motel I phoned the pub and was advised that the Ungarie Pines Motel is presently closed as the owner had died a little while back.
That leaves two options only for accommodation in Ungarie. The Central Hotel or camping/BYO caravan to the showground.

Philip

AlanF

#25 Postby AlanF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 pm

bainp wrote:....BYO caravan to the showground...Philip

What amenities do they have Phil? (Power, showers etc.)

bainp

#26 Postby bainp » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm not sure what facilities they have. I think it only a place to pitch a tent or park your van, with access to the change rooms.
The showground is also the local sportsground, ie football oval, netball etc, I believe. The contact person opens up the change rooms which have the showers and toilets.
I am not on the NSW executive so I have lost track of who the contact is for the showground and I haven't tried to keep up to date. Try Dennis Shallis or Greg Warrian.

Regards - Philip

AlanF

#27 Postby AlanF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Thanks. I'll do that.

bsouthernau

#28 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:20 pm

Power pole for at least four caravans, possibly a second pole for another four - don't remember. Pick up the key to the change rooms from the servo - spartan but the toilets flush and the shower is hot.

RDavies

#29 Postby RDavies » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Those who want to really live it up can go for the big city lights of West Wyalong which has plenty of accommodation available. It is an easy 20-30 minute drive to the range from West Wyalong if you don't get caught in rush hour traffic.

bainp

#30 Postby bainp » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:54 pm

bsouthernau wrote:Power pole for at least four caravans, possibly a second pole for another four - don't remember. Pick up the key to the change rooms from the servo - spartan but the toilets flush and the shower is hot.

It is the Service Station / Motel that has closed because the owner has recently died. I haven't heard if there is a new contact for the showground change rooms key.
Philip

Return to “Events”