nswra queens 2018

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Hangfire

Re: nswra queens 2018

#31 Postby Hangfire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:06 pm

budget wrote: As to the other guys statements the only thing i have been guilty of is vigorously trying to convince organizers
to plan their events so that all clubs can maximize their attendances. Surely this should be high on everyones wish list,the event,the club and the movement in general. after all this is what this post is supposed to be about.

P.S now don't be afraid to put your name to your posts either Timothy.
regards paul.

Can we expect to see the same vigor in regard to the S.A. Queens & the long established (since at least 2003) NSW Match Rifle & Long Range F-Class Championship, which now clash since SARA moved the Queens from October to May?

Tim. :D

bsouthernau

#32 Postby bsouthernau » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:56 am

Hangfire wrote:If you take the time to compare the list of names from last year’s NSW Queens and the Match Rifle Long Range Nationals then you may find 2 people who actually shot both events. Hardly a show stopping number I would have thought.

I'll be going to Coona this year but have never shot a NSW Queens. With regard to your subsequent post I'll opt for Ungarie in May having shot quite a few SA Queens in the past.

And, as I said in another thread, it's a pity the Ungarie shoot clashes with Tassie - I might well have attended both with a bit more separation. In my younger days I probably would have anyway but now I'm not prepared to get off the ferry on Thursday morning, drive home to replenish the ammunition supply and pick up the caravan then turn tail and drive the 12 or so hours to Ungarie.

Barry

Hangfire

#33 Postby Hangfire » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:25 am

Barry, This year could be an exception to the rule. It may pay to get clarification as to if the NSW Championships are to be held there in May this year. They could be tacked onto the Coonabarrabran program, as sometimes happens with host states of the Nationals.

Getting back on topic. I don’t envy the organizers of these events and I am sure they have nothing but good intentions when selecting appropriate dates to hold them on. They would no doubt look at any event that has previous “ownership” of that time. Try and schedule their date as not to impact attendances o any other event based around that time. If an overlap were to occur then the likely impact on the existing date would be insignificant. My hat goes off to them and I wish them luck.

Tim.

mike H

#34 Postby mike H » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:04 am

The NSW Match Rifle Championships will be held on 5th and 6th of May 2018 at Ungarie.
The F Class shoot at Ungarie on the 10th and 11th of March is a NSW F Class Association Match.

RDavies

#35 Postby RDavies » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Hangfire wrote:

Can we expect to see the same vigor in regard to the S.A. Queens & the long established (since at least 2003) NSW Match Rifle & Long Range F-Class Championship, which now clash since SARA moved the Queens from October to May?

Tim. :D[/quote]
Hmmm, I was intending to attend the S.A Queens and Ungarie. (as well as NSW Queens and Coona).

budget

#36 Postby budget » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Rod,
for your information you can load up for 900mts this year at the S.A. queens.
hoping this will entice some more shooters to try their luck at lower light.

AlanF

#37 Postby AlanF » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:16 am

budget wrote:...you can load up for 900mts this year at the S.A. queens...

Well done SA!

Return to “Events”