Does anyone have any experience with the Delta Optical Scopes

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

CamoWhamo

Does anyone have any experience with the Delta Optical Scopes

#1 Postby CamoWhamo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:39 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a reasonably budget friendly scope and I've seen the Delta Optical Stryker 5-50x56 in a few online shops.
It seems to tick all the boxes that I'm looking for but I'd like to hear other's experiences with them.

I try to avoid buying scopes without looking through them first but with the current lockdowns that's near impossible.

Daveh

Re: Does anyone have any experience with the Delta Optical Scopes

#2 Postby Daveh » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:34 pm

Camo,
I have had one for about 2 1/2 years. Originally purchased to step up my Sporter Hunter rifle from a Vortex PST ffp.
Big step up from the Vortex. I have since moved up to a Barnard for FTR in the past year and the scope has moved to the new rifle.

It is quite good for starting out and a lot cheaper than a March or Nightforce. I was recently loaned a March to try and I shot one match with the Delta then swapped rifles and shot the second match with the March. There was enough noticeable difference at long range have ordered a March.

In saying that I would not knock the Delta and intend keeping it. It is still very clear, tracks well and the only complaint I had with it is the parallax. Once you get past about 400 yards it is very fine to adjust. It doesn't move once set. I have been told a larger wheel would help out. But for it's price I'll put up with it. The locking turrets are good when locked down.

Just don't forget to screw the top screw down enough so that when at an open shoot you lift the dial up to unlock for an elevation change and the whole knob comes off in your hand!! Now where was it? I found this out the hard way.

Another note is that it a bit heavier than some of the others if you are chasing weight in any class.

One of our members recently got the latest model and I see they have made all the lettering on the dials bigger. That is the only difference I could see..

Dave

CamoWhamo

#3 Postby CamoWhamo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:21 pm

Thanks Dave, i'll bear that in mind.

FWIW i've owned a March 3-24X52 FFP scope for a while and it has the same affliction with the parallax adjustment. It seems the first 3/4 of travel adjusts parallax from 11m - 50m and the last 1/4 goes from 50m to infinity so you have to be fine and delicate to get it just right.
March make the larger focus wheel accessories which really helps and i highly recommend you get one for your March.

Central Desert

#4 Postby Central Desert » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:55 pm

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... 00F8kB1655

G’Day,
Hopefully above address works, using IPad and finding a tad difficult to embed YouTube clip.
If it fails look up Richard Utting’s YouTube channel, look for video 2017 scope offerings. At the 17:30 minute mark he starts talking about Delta Stryker 5-50x56. Based on this video and comments in this and other forums I purchased one which I will mount tomorrow when I take delivery of my new rifle.
I’m a ‘MOP’ shooter (minute of a plate) so I will be happy with the purchase, I have a Vortex Golden Eagle on another rifle and turrets, zero locking system is far better on DS.
Looking through the scope it is clear, reticle is fine and good.
Hope video assists. mjb

superx10

#5 Postby superx10 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:57 pm

Hi Recently I have been able to look through The 3 top scopes available the March high master the nightforce competition and the Kahales, in my opinion the March has the best reticle but dos not suit my eyes and is blurry, the Kahales gets the sexy award but that's about it. For me and my eyes the Night force is perfect and they have an Australian service agent that offers a good service, If I was to buy a cheaper scope I would buy a night force Benchrest 12 * 42 . I would not buy a March until I could look through it in heavy mirage conditions.

Bigtravoz

#6 Postby Bigtravoz » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:41 pm

Awesome scopes. Love mine.

Bigtravoz

#7 Postby Bigtravoz » Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Daveh wrote:Camo,
I have had one for about 2 1/2 years. Originally purchased to step up my Sporter Hunter rifle from a Vortex PST ffp.
Big step up from the Vortex. I have since moved up to a Barnard for FTR in the past year and the scope has moved to the new rifle.

It is quite good for starting out and a lot cheaper than a March or Nightforce. I was recently loaned a March to try and I shot one match with the Delta then swapped rifles and shot the second match with the March. There was enough noticeable difference at long range have ordered a March.

In saying that I would not knock the Delta and intend keeping it. It is still very clear, tracks well and the only complaint I had with it is the parallax. Once you get past about 400 yards it is very fine to adjust. It doesn't move once set. I have been told a larger wheel would help out. But for it's price I'll put up with it. The locking turrets are good when locked down.

Just don't forget to screw the top screw down enough so that when at an open shoot you lift the dial up to unlock for an elevation change and the whole knob comes off in your hand!! Now where was it? I found this out the hard way.

Another note is that it a bit heavier than some of the others if you are chasing weight in any class.

One of our members recently got the latest model and I see they have made all the lettering on the dials bigger. That is the only difference I could see..

Dave

The later models have Better parallax control.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”