Just starting out

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

superx10

Re: Just starting out

#61 Postby superx10 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:37 pm

You white men talk with forked tongue, 1000 yards,129 acu bond, 22 in barrel, off a bipod, not dropping a point, mmmm.
This sort of information can lead to delusional thoughts for newcomers. Knowing F class shooters you may see a stampede to the Lithgow factory.

williada

#62 Postby williada » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Dropping one point superx10 and using a bipod. I see you have difficulty reading (lol). Must have been the rear bag mate. It was actually true. He favours the Lithgow over his Tikka WSM for HC [-X. I went back and checked the Hexta target for two shoots at 1000 and add a correction. The one point he dropped was a shot at 6 o'clock which should have been a two point loss and the second shoot he dropped 2 points. This is one consistent rifle given the setup. Better than what I achieved on the day with an F Open rifle.

superx10

#63 Postby superx10 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi Williada
Maybe bad shooters have some sort of geno deficiency, if that is so maybe the opposite is true. Just a bit banta mate.
How are you going getting through the 1000 180 Hypbrids I sold you.
Ya mate Sellsie sent me a picture this morning of a group shot from a barrel that I sold him, worn out, 9 shots into a bug hole.

Going blind and have a shooting deficient gene.
Hope you can get up to Belmont later this year and escape the Vic cold.

Cheers
Scotty

williada

#64 Postby williada » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:12 am

Cheers Scotty, those booolits will be used for special occasions just to annoy the young guns occasionally. Haven't had a shot since March, even at home. You're right, just too bloody cold. Back in the day we used to take an ice pick with us to the outside dunny. :D

Vicko

#65 Postby Vicko » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:19 am

Wiseman7187 wrote:
Vicko wrote:I'm in the same boat here. Looking at getting into target shooting, but with a rifle that can also be used for hunting. I'm thinking 308 gives me more class (and hunting) options including SH and F Standard as well as potential for PSR. I have read a few people mentioned Savage rifles but have mainly been looking at Lithgow 102 and 105 and Tikka TAC & TAC A1. Can these rifles also be shot in FTR? I'm not really across the classes fully yet. I'm looking to dip my toe in with a rifle that I can practise on to improve my overall shooting at the same time. Does anyone have any reports on the LA102 and 105? Plenty of people vouching for Tikka, but the Lithgow's are fairly new I guess.

I've been looking at the Lithgow 102 and 105's myself. But was wondering if you or anyone else knows if the 102 can be put into a custom chassis like an mdt chassis easily if at all?

Apologies - I haven't been back here for a while.Yes the 102 can be put in a number of chassis systems. They are all reasonably heavy, so do your research if you're looking to use the rifle for hunting. MDT make two - the ESS and LSS XL. And there are two Australian made systems, 'TSP-X' and the 'APC'. Both the Lithgows shoot exceptionally well for mass produced rifles - the 105 is specifically made for long range work and already has the KRG Xray chassis and a heavier barrel so isn't really an option for hunting if thats what you had in mind - the 102 could be. Rumour has it that Lithgow will be releasing some new products soon... I do wish they'd hurry up and release a factory option like the KRG Bravo for the 102... I'm probably going to go for more of a PRS style build for my 102 as the distances will be more suitable and the type of shooting will be better training for hunting.

Barndo

#66 Postby Barndo » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:04 am

Another newbie, bought an Omark with a new 223 barrel & cleaned out the koffers on a 12-42x56
Lightforce(SH). Comes with a number of loaded rounds of 55g Nosler and don’t know what load.
I think I’ll use these to sight in then reach out a bit further. This seems to be a big learning curve ahead, but I’m not shy to ask questions. There will be questions…..
Barndo

Return to “Equipment & Technical”